Paradox has lifted the lid on its upcoming apocalyptic city builder, dubbed Surviving The Aftermath.
The game is rolling out now to Xbox One and the Epic Games Store for PC in early access.
In Surviving The Aftermath, players construct a city in a world obliterated by multiple apocalyptic catastrophes. Players must manage their colonist's needs, similarly to Surviving Mars, including water, hunger, and so on. Additionally, players are visited by all sorts of threats, including environmental catastrophes, roaming bands of raiders, and much more.
We went hands-on with the game a bit this morning, and found heaps of promise. As of writing, the game is in a very rough state, with a crushed resolution on Xbox One, and an odd bug that causes the UI to lock up (both of which I've reported, as the nice tester I am).
Despite some of those issues, the gameplay loop already feels extremely addictive. Fans of Surviving Mars will feel right at home.
Surviving the Aftermath Features:
- No Place Like Home: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 50 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security. Don't forget to construct the Gate to venture into the savage world beyond your colony.
- Surviving Earth: Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with exploitable resources, bandits, and more. Each environment has different conditions that will affect your colony's survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty: Recruit over 46 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony's resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected: Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Mods: Surviving the Aftermath players can bring their own visions to life using Paradox Mods.
We'll keep you posted on Surviving The Aftermath's development in the coming months.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
These pre-built PCs are all great for playing Fortnite on Windows 10
Fortnite isn't a demanding game, but having a more powerful PC provides an advantage, especially when it comes to competitive play. These pre-built PCs are great options for playing the popular game.