Surviving The Aftermath detailed, brings apocalyptic city building to Xbox and PC
Today at PDXCon 2019, Paradox unveiled Surviving The Aftermath's first trailer, which is rolling out now in early access on Xbox One and PC.
Paradox has lifted the lid on its upcoming apocalyptic city builder, dubbed Surviving The Aftermath.
The game is rolling out now to Xbox One and the Epic Games Store for PC in early access.
In Surviving The Aftermath, players construct a city in a world obliterated by multiple apocalyptic catastrophes. Players must manage their colonist's needs, similarly to Surviving Mars, including water, hunger, and so on. Additionally, players are visited by all sorts of threats, including environmental catastrophes, roaming bands of raiders, and much more.
We went hands-on with the game a bit this morning, and found heaps of promise. As of writing, the game is in a very rough state, with a crushed resolution on Xbox One, and an odd bug that causes the UI to lock up (both of which I've reported, as the nice tester I am).
Despite some of those issues, the gameplay loop already feels extremely addictive. Fans of Surviving Mars will feel right at home.
Surviving the Aftermath Features:
- No Place Like Home: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 50 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security. Don't forget to construct the Gate to venture into the savage world beyond your colony.
- Surviving Earth: Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with exploitable resources, bandits, and more. Each environment has different conditions that will affect your colony's survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty: Recruit over 46 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony's resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected: Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Mods: Surviving the Aftermath players can bring their own visions to life using Paradox Mods.
We'll keep you posted on Surviving The Aftermath's development in the coming months.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jez Corden a Managing Editor at Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!