Tapatalk has updated its official client for Windows Phone. Bumped to version 22.214.171.124, the team has added some new features and fixed numerous bugs and issues. If you're not familiar with the name, Tapatalk enables you to access multiple forum software installations around the web. It's a neat concept that makes it super easy to enjoy discussions on multiple websites. Best of all, it's completely free.
So what's new in version 126.96.36.199? As well as some of the code being rewritten (you'll notice some increase in speed), here are some features to get you started:
- Automatically refreshing UI after like, thanks, edit.
- Settings screen - Configuration of number of post/topic per request. Notice that if you normally browse long threads or with lot of pictures, it is better to configure to 10 per page.
- Settings screen - Configuration to go to last unread post. If you wish you can now disable this feature.
- Settings screen - Light theme, you can choose dark or light independent of phone theme configuration. By default light theme is selected.
- New update check. After this release, you will be notified by the app about new updates.
Here is the list of fixes in the latest update:
- Forum unsusbcribe throw exception and exit app to desktop.
- Thread refresh on new post.
- Post with incorrect bbcode does not show. Now these post show as plain text.
- App resume from tombstone crash when navigating from join view.
- Error in some cases that replies does not load correctly. Sometimes the post are wrong, sometimes the page shows "no posts". Now it will works as expected.
- App crash when launching from web smartbanner
- Some error on app initialization.
- Issues with WP7 users browsing forums with gzip compression
- Wrong pagination, this is the cause of some missing post/topics in some screens
That's it, folks. Version 188.8.131.52 is quite the release and we're pleased to see so many bugs and issues addressed, as well as the new features. You can download Tapatalk from the Windows Phone Store for free (available for Windows Phone 7 and 8). Thanks, Nik Neiman, for the info!
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
HP devices are facing BSOD and boot loops, but HP appears to have a fix
HP users saw some serious issues with PCs over the weekend, including the Blue Screen of Death and boot loops. Now, an update from HP might fix the issue.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.