Tapatalk for Windows Phone updated with numerous fixes and new features
Tapatalk has updated its official client for Windows Phone. Bumped to version 126.96.36.199, the team has added some new features and fixed numerous bugs and issues. If you're not familiar with the name, Tapatalk enables you to access multiple forum software installations around the web. It's a neat concept that makes it super easy to enjoy discussions on multiple websites. Best of all, it's completely free.
So what's new in version 188.8.131.52? As well as some of the code being rewritten (you'll notice some increase in speed), here are some features to get you started:
- Automatically refreshing UI after like, thanks, edit.
- Settings screen - Configuration of number of post/topic per request. Notice that if you normally browse long threads or with lot of pictures, it is better to configure to 10 per page.
- Settings screen - Configuration to go to last unread post. If you wish you can now disable this feature.
- Settings screen - Light theme, you can choose dark or light independent of phone theme configuration. By default light theme is selected.
- New update check. After this release, you will be notified by the app about new updates.
Here is the list of fixes in the latest update:
- Forum unsusbcribe throw exception and exit app to desktop.
- Thread refresh on new post.
- Post with incorrect bbcode does not show. Now these post show as plain text.
- App resume from tombstone crash when navigating from join view.
- Error in some cases that replies does not load correctly. Sometimes the post are wrong, sometimes the page shows "no posts". Now it will works as expected.
- App crash when launching from web smartbanner
- Some error on app initialization.
- Issues with WP7 users browsing forums with gzip compression
- Wrong pagination, this is the cause of some missing post/topics in some screens
That's it, folks. Version 184.108.40.206 is quite the release and we're pleased to see so many bugs and issues addressed, as well as the new features. You can download Tapatalk from the Windows Phone Store for free (available for Windows Phone 7 and 8). Thanks, Nik Neiman, for the info!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.