Tapatalk has updated its official client for Windows Phone. Bumped to version 126.96.36.199, the team has added some new features and fixed numerous bugs and issues. If you're not familiar with the name, Tapatalk enables you to access multiple forum software installations around the web. It's a neat concept that makes it super easy to enjoy discussions on multiple websites. Best of all, it's completely free.
So what's new in version 188.8.131.52? As well as some of the code being rewritten (you'll notice some increase in speed), here are some features to get you started:
- Automatically refreshing UI after like, thanks, edit.
- Settings screen - Configuration of number of post/topic per request. Notice that if you normally browse long threads or with lot of pictures, it is better to configure to 10 per page.
- Settings screen - Configuration to go to last unread post. If you wish you can now disable this feature.
- Settings screen - Light theme, you can choose dark or light independent of phone theme configuration. By default light theme is selected.
- New update check. After this release, you will be notified by the app about new updates.
Here is the list of fixes in the latest update:
- Forum unsusbcribe throw exception and exit app to desktop.
- Thread refresh on new post.
- Post with incorrect bbcode does not show. Now these post show as plain text.
- App resume from tombstone crash when navigating from join view.
- Error in some cases that replies does not load correctly. Sometimes the post are wrong, sometimes the page shows "no posts". Now it will works as expected.
- App crash when launching from web smartbanner
- Some error on app initialization.
- Issues with WP7 users browsing forums with gzip compression
- Wrong pagination, this is the cause of some missing post/topics in some screens
That's it, folks. Version 184.108.40.206 is quite the release and we're pleased to see so many bugs and issues addressed, as well as the new features. You can download Tapatalk from the Windows Phone Store for free (available for Windows Phone 7 and 8). Thanks, Nik Neiman, for the info!
Should Halo Infinite get its rumored battle royale mode?
Recently, a rumor that Halo Infinite will have a battle royale mode surfaced. Would this be a good move for Microsoft and 343 Industries to make? Here's what we think.
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Review: Immortals Fenyx Rising a late Game of the Year contender
Immortals Fenyx Rising skyrocketed to the top of my Game of the Year list, and I think it's something a lot of people will really like.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.