Aeries, the popular third-party Twitter client that's available for Windows Phone, along with Windows 10 PC and Mobile, has been updated to version 2.1. The developers say this is the biggest update yet and it has a ton of new features and improvements.
Here's the long list of additions, improvements and bug fixes in Aeries 2.1:
- Added Nearby Tweets as a pinnable section and to the discover page. Now easily see the tweets around your current location!
- Added the ability to find new people in the Discover page, now browse categories of recommended people to beef up you Twitter feed.
- Added quick picker to compose for images, now quickly pick from the last images in your camera roll, or take a new image.
- All new autosuggest experience for users and hashtags.
- View Gifs in the app image viewer.
- Easily select gifs to post in the Compose page :)
- Upload videos to Twitter!
- Now see attached media inline with quoted tweets.
- Fixed a few memory leaks which would degrade responsiveness after running for a long period of time.
- Vastly improved memory management when switching between multiple accounts, should make the switch much more seamless.
- Improved smoothness of scrolling under various conditions.
- Improved back and memory usage related to streaming.
- Fixed issues where column navigation would not adapt to changing window size.
- Fixed an issue where resized images could be unrecognisable.
- Further improvements for read position restoration after some experimentation.
- Stability and sync improvements for reading/firing notifications.
- Fixed app version in about page.
- Addressed two edge cases which could cause read position to restore at the same position.
- Sync between device greatly sped up & will restore to positions that haven't been cached on the client yet.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a tweet from Retweets could replace your home timeline with retweets.
- Fixed a bug which could cause you press back twice to navigate backwards within the app.
- Fixed some layout issues with discover page in mobile.
- Fixed a crash when editing profile.
- Retweet options now show up correctly next to retweet button.
- Fixed an issue with the remove dialog for attached images to tweets would not display properly
In addition, the Aeries team mentioned on Twitter that it has been "working hard on a refreshing a lot of UI elements, which will be released in another update shortly".
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.