Token2Shell/WP has been updated to take full advantage of Windows Phone 8. The SSH client enables owners to connect securely to compatible devices and servers, using a number of protocols while making use of supported features. As well as being updated for the new version of Windows Phone, the app is also currently available at a discounted price to celebrate the holiday season.
We've previously looked at SSH apps when Windows Phone was updated with the release of Mango. Microsoft is continuing to develop the platform and open up new opportunities for developers to offer new functionality to consumers. It's a win win for end-users, particularly for those who require more specialist focused solutions on the Store.
A handful of highlighted features of Token2Shell/WP:
- Supports SSH2 and TELNET protocols.
- Supports XTerm/ANSI/VT100/VT102/VT52 terminal emulations.
- Includes Address Book for managing servers and setting up Auto Login.
- Includes Login Agent for SSH sessions; when it's enabled you don't need to enter your password repeatedly to log into the same server. Login Agent caches login credentials and discards them when Token2Shell/WP is closed or tombstoned (but they are retained while fast-app-switching).
- Supports barcode scanning using phone's built-in camera.
- Supports RSA/DSA public key user authentication and Agent Forwarding for SSH connections.
- Includes a translucent virtual keyboard for entering special keys such as ESC, TAB, arrow keys and function keys.
The Windows Phone app is normally listed for $9.99, but is available for $2.99 until January 15th. If you require an SSH solution for Windows Phone, Token2Shell/WP is worth checking out especially since a trial is readily available. More functionality for SSH interaction is present, which is documented on the app's website (www.choung.net) and is well worth the read should one be interested in advanced commands and management.
You can download Token2Shell/WP from the Windows Phone Store for $2.99 until January 15th and is only available for Windows Phone 8.
Rich Edmonds is Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him over on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
I try and make fun of you and instead of replying to your comment.. I make a new one. We both fail.
Hey guys, Rich is from the UK... cut him some slack for not knowing where first base is... HAHAHAH
I have no idea what any of this means but for those that do. I hope this is a good thing for WP8.
Update: just read about it, I liked what I read. Hope to see more apps like it.
This is a nice SSH client, thanks!
I tried it and it has an awkward set of features... I prefer ssh client pro
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.