Assassin's Creed Odyssey is the latest entry in the staple franchise which takes place hundreds of years before the establishment of the "Assassin's Brotherhood". According to Ubisoft — building upon the foundation of Assassin's Creed Origins — Assassin's Creed Odyssey takes player choice to the next level.
There is a lot of free content coming to the game this month, and recently Ubisoft detailed it all. The major additions in November have to be the "The Lost Tales of Greece" episodes, "Epic Events," and visual customization. You can read about all of the upcoming changes below.
- The free Lost Tales of Greece allows you to discover more about various characters in the game. The first episode, titled "The Show Must Go On," places you in the shoes of an actor playing as King Leonidas. You can choose to stick to the script or history.
- The second episode, titled "Divine Intervention," requires you to meet a mysterious woman who tests your strength through various impossible trials. You have to reach Episode 5 in the story to see these quests.
- Free Epic Events are either ships or mercenaries that appear on the map. Defeating them garners you rare currency.
- There are new cosmetic items coming to the game soon like ship designs and armor.
- A mythical cyclops will arrive in Assassin's Creed Odyssey on November 13, 2018, and only you can defeat this towering giant.
- Visual customization is coming. You can make any armor set look like another.
- The level cap is being raised to seventy from fifty. Experience earned after hitting the level cap will automatically be applied once the cap is increased in a few days.
- The cost of gear will also go down in the coming weeks so certain items are not impossible to buy.
It's great to see Ubisoft listening to gamers and adding features like visual customization. Hopefully this trend will continue in the future. Which additions are you most interested in? Let us know.
In the future, Assassin's Creed Odyssey will get quite an expansive expansion called "Legacy of the First Blade." This download will detail the story of the first person named Darius to ever wield the Assassin's Hidden Blade. It's unclear who Darius is and if he can be trusted. Unlike the minor Lost Tales of Greece storylines, Legacy of the First Blade seems to be quite an expansive experience. The update is expected to hit the game sometime in December. It'll also bring other changes to it like a near-infinite leveling-up system.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.