Swapchat, if you're not familiar with the name, is an unofficial Snapchat client for Windows Phone. We previously looked at the app when it was released on the Windows Phone Store, joined by a free version. The developer published version 1.2 to the store, which addressed numerous minor bugs and fixed some problems, but today we've got version 1.3.
So what's new in this latest release? Well, quite a lot actually. We're not looking at mere bug fixes and minor improvements. The developer has updated the app to use the v5 "Banquo" Snapchat API, implemented more Windows Phone 8 support and added numerous new features and functionality. If you've not tried this Windows Phone client yet, we strongly urge you togive it a go.
Here's a rundown of what's included in 1.3:
- Updated API to Snapchat v5 "Banquo" (should be faster and more reliable)
- Added WP8-native version
- Added toast notifications for new messages
- Added lock screen support (WP8 only)
- Fixed Live Tile support
- Improved friends management with a dedicated interface
- Added ability to view a friend's best friends and score
- Added recent friends on sending page
- Tap-to-focus on viewfinder
- Front-facing camera is now used by default (if available)
- Added support for emoji on the caption (WP8 only)
- Reduced text size to better match Snapchat's captions
- Added ability to reset password when login fails
- Fixed time setting not remembered between app launches
- Fixed faulty time zone conversions
- Fixed camera crashes when using hardware buttons
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes
We're sure everyone will be pleased to see the above implemented, especially if you're an avid user. You can download Swapchat from the Windows Phone Store for $1.29. A free version is also available (right QR code), but is still on 1.2 for now. Thanks to Brad and everyone else for the tips!
Everything we know so far about Cyberpunk 2077 on PC and Xbox One
Cyberpunk 2077 is the next massive game expected to be released by CD Projekt RED, the studio behind The Witcher series. Here's all we know about it so far.
Are we one step closer to a Fallout: New Vegas sequel after ZeniMax deal?
With Microsoft's acquisition of both Bethesda and Obsidian Entertainment, it's now possible that we could see the developers of Fallout: New Vegas return to Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG franchise for round two. Here's why they should.
Review: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro is the PC RAM to buy
The Vengeance RGB Pro continues to be the obvious DRAM choice for system builders around the world, with Corsair offering stellar performance backed by multi-zone RGB lighting.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.