What you need to know
- Monster Hunter: World is a third-person action game from Capcom.
- It garnered amazing reviews at launch.
- The "Iceborne" expansion introduced a frozen area to the game.
- The latest update adds new monsters and makes other changes.
On July 9, a new update will hit Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The download, that's roughly 1.4 GB, will introduce new monsters and much more. You can take a look at some of the major features below.
- Alatreon has been added. Alatreon will be available after finishing the story of Iceborne and completing the Safi'jiiva recon assignment.
- Frostfang Barioth has been added. Frostfang Barioth will be available in a limited-time event quest, and appears as a tempered monster.
- Added new melding options for creating analyzed special tracks.
- New decor can now be placed in your room in Seliana.
- New designs for the Squad Card added.
- New Pendants added.
- Fixed an issue where certain weapons would appear unnatural when sheathed.
- Corrected various typos for some equipment descriptions.
You can take a look at the complete changes here. Do you play Monster Hunter World: Iceborne? What do you think of the game? Let us know.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.