US residents can choose any Xbox One game to get for free with console purchase next week
Microsoft is trying to jump start sales of the Xbox One console in the US with a rather interesting promotion. From September 7 to September 13, people in the US who buy a new Xbox One console from participating retailers will also be able to get any Xbox One retail game for free.
That's right; Microsoft isn't restricting the free game from a list of predetermined titles, so you can purchase a console and get, for example, the long awaited sci-fi shooter Destiny for free, which just happens to be coming out the week of this promotion. The offer also includes Microsoft's currently available Xbox One bundles for Madden NFL 2014 and Forza Motorsport 5 so buyers could get two free games with their console purchase.
The offer extends to retail Xbox One games with a price up to $59.99 (in other words, no collectors editions). The offer is not valid for games that won't be released prior to September 13. It also doesn't cover purchases of used or refurbished Xbox One consoles.
What do you think of this rather cool promotion for the Xbox One?
Source: Major Nelson
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
to try and sell the XB1. I enjoy my PS4 and it's gaming library so far. Your life is boring your crying about a XB1 buddy. Let me guess the Kinect is your reason your Xbox fan.
1. full 1080p HD camera that allows you to Skype with auto-digital zoom with up to 10 people.
2. IR blaster that turns on your Xbox, TV, and cable box.
3. Navigation controls via voice
4. Navigation controls via gesture
5. Allows you to play advanced fitness games with motion tracking and heartbeat monitoring
6. Signs you in automatically via facial recognition, even in the dark.
7. Allows you to play motion-controlled games such as Kinect Sports Rivals, Dance Central Spotlight, Fantasia, Fru, and Fruit Ninja Kinect 2.
8. Allows you to stream games in real-time via Twitch with an inset video.
9. Allows you to record game clips without having to remove your fingers from the buttons, unlike PS4, which is crucial for catching clips in competitive online matches like Killer Instinct where moving your finger off a button for a split second means you lose
10. Allows you to edit game clips with an inset video, great for walkthroughs.
11. Keeps track, via facial recognition and infrared, which players are holding which controllers.
12. Allows you to play non-Kinect games with added in Kinect functions that improve gameplay, such as recording original character animations and dialogue in Project Spark, shouting out battle formations in Ryse, luring in zombies in Dead Rising 3, switching weapons in Tomb Raider, etc.
13. Allows you to chat in party-chat without having to have a head set on, which is especially nice when there are other people in the room that want to participate in the conversation. You cannot do any of that on a PS4.
I had a PS4 played it liked something's kept going to something packed it up returned it got my money back worse purchase ever.