Looks like the Verizon Touch Pro 2 just received a maintenance ROM update called 'MR2'. Still a bit early to know all the changes, but so far it looks to be some subtle, under the hood type fixes as opposed to a whole new "experience":
"This is a general software upgrade for the XV6875 that updates VZ Navigator, Contact Cards and the Time Stamp"
So shall we play "what else is different"? If you find anything, hit us up in comments.
You can grab the ROM update right here from PCD.
(Update) Full list of changes--Thanks NightRaven!
- ROM: 4.01.605.15/Radio: 2.35.00WV
- Operating system has been upgraded to Windows Mobile®
- 6.5 COM2.5.
- The HTC Sense™ user interface has been improved.
- Visual Voice Mail (version 220.127.116.11) now comes preloaded on the device.
- GlobalAccess Connect support. For international Internet access, you can tether your smartphone to a notebook.
- Enhanced VZ Navigator® performance.
- Improved auto-configuration of Daylight Saving Time.
- Improved word prediction and autocorrection.
- Enhanced on-screen keyboard layouts.
- New, compact QWERTY keyboard option.
- When composing email or text messages, type the first few letters of the recipient’s name in the To field to see a list of possible matches.
- Quick setup of common email account types and an option to set up an email account manually.
[Thanks, eddiecanuck, for the tip!]
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Minecraft Dungeons has a major secret Diablo fans will love (spoilers)
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and I can't stop playing it. As we dive deeper into the end game, we keep finding more and more secrets, and one has been found now that Diablo fans will love.
Halo 2's PC launch instability was unacceptable, and Halo 3 can't repeat it
The launch state of Halo 2's multiplayer on PC was simply unacceptable, and the fact that the game was allowed to release in this state raises serious concerns about how future Halo ports, especially Halo 3, will turn out. Here's why this can't happen again if Halo is to be successful on the PC platform.
All our picks for the very best laptops with USB-C ports
Looking for a new laptop that has USB-C ports? Perhaps you need Thunderbolt 3, or maybe Thunderbolt 3 isn't a requirement for you. Either way, we've rounded up what we think are the best USB-C laptops available to buy today.