What you need to know
- Wasteland 3 is a near-perfect modern CRPG that already includes an absurd amount of content and depth on Xbox and PC.
- Today, inXile Entertainment and Xbox have announced the very first narrative expansion for Wasteland 3, dubbed 'The Battle of Steeltown.'
- 'The Battle of Steeltown' has players unravel the chaos surrounding the manufacturing facility Steeltown, which helps keep Colorado running.
- The expansion will introduce all-new gameplay mechanics, weapons, armor, encounters, and enemy types and even upgrade the base game.
Wasteland 3 is one of the best RPGs, and best games in general, to release in the last few years. Today, inXile Entertainment and Xbox have announced Wasteland 3's very first narrative expansion with The Battle of Steeltown. This expansion will add an all-new area to Wasteland 3 for players to explore, with a ton of new content that makes the expansion worthwhile and tweaks and enhances the base game. The Battle of Steeltown for Wasteland 3 is heading to Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC on June 3, 2021.
You can watch the new trailer for The Battle of Steeltown on YouTube.
The Battle of Steeltown expansion for Wasteland 3 features a ton of new content, including:
- A new area in the factory complex of Steeltown, which manufacturers much of the tech and gear in Colorado
- A new storyline that has Rangers investigate why the factory is in disarray with multiple warring groups and an impending revolt
- Brand-new quests and robotic enemies to fight in solo or co-op mode
- New gameplay mechanics including stacking status effects, elemental shields, telegraphed attacks, and non-lethal weapons
- New weapons, armor, and encounters to discover
- Scaled level and difficulty to keep The Battle of Steeltown appropriately challenging
- Enhancements to the base game of Wasteland 3 with the new gear and gameplay mechanics
Wasteland 3 is going all-in on The Battle of Steeltown, which will see favorite characters and groups from the base game make a return, a new post-apocalyptic soundtrack, and Wasteland's classic dark humor. Players can look forward to Wasteland 3's The Battle of Steeltown expansion on June 3, 2021, on every platform Wasteland 3 is available. Wasteland 3 is also available through Xbox Game Pass, but The Battle of Steeltown likely won't launch there (subscribers should get a discount, though).
If you haven't played Wasteland 3 yet, it's absolutely worth it. Not only is Wasteland 3 one of the best games on Xbox Game Pass, it's one of the best games on Xbox in general. Learn everything you need to get started in Wasteland 3 with our ultimate beginner's guide to Wasteland 3.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.