As the week comes to an end, Microsoft is pushing out another Windows 10 preview build for Fast ring Insiders to check out. This release pushes the build number up to 18353, and it comes with a number of small bug fixes and improvements on board.
Here's a look at what's new.
General changes, improvements, and fixes
- We've enabled microphone in Windows Sandbox, which among other things with improve several accessibility scenarios.
- We've added functionality to configure the audio input device via the Windows Sandbox config file.
- We've fixed an issue in which the Windows Sandbox time zone was not synchronized with the host.
- We've enabled the Shift + Alt + PrintScreen key sequence in Windows Sandbox which activates the ease of access dialog for enabling high contrast mode.
- We've enabled the ctrl + alt + break key sequence in Windows Sandbox which allows entering/exiting fullscreen mode.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bug checks upon lid close, monitor plug, or monitor unplug.
- We fixed an issue resulting in preferred region settings getting reset on upgrade in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We fixed an issue in memcpy that caused some drivers to hard-hang the system on load; this could manifest as a hang on upgrade, depending on the system.
- Here's the latest on trying out our new Windows gaming technology:
- Still haven't had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? More slots are available again! Whether you've tried it in earlier builds or haven't had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
- Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We'll be trying out an update later To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then "Downloads and Updates". Once installed, you shouldn't see any difference in the game – it's just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn't work!
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- We're continuing to investigate feedback in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We're investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
If you're enrolled in the Fast ring, you should be able to grab build 18353 via Windows Update now. And for more, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes at the Windows Blog.
What can be so difficult to fix the SD Card Reader issue? It's months since this worked reliably well.
There it can be complicated there are many different versions/drivers.
Mine only has a problem with ejecting the card.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.