What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19028 is now rolling out to Fast ring Insiders.
- There are no new features, but there is a handful of general fixes and improvements.
- Windows 10 build 19028 is available via Windows Update now.
Windows Insiders on the Fast ring can get their hands on a fresh Windows 10 build today. As part of the latest release in the 20H1 testing branch, build 19028 is now rolling out. This update doesn't bring any new features, but there is a handful of bug fixes and improvements tagging along.
Here's a quick look at what's new in build 19028.
General changes, fixes, and improvements
- We fixed a recent issue that could result in Settings crashing when docking/undocking your device. This issue may have also impacted Action Center launch performance.
- We fixed an issue impacting the performance of the Printers & Scanners section of Settings loading.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Other People section under Storage Settings not displaying the correct size used.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Windows Update history in Settings saying a Cumulative Update required a reboot, despite it already being installed. This occurred when a Feature on Demand had installed while the cumulative update was originally pending reboot.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Photos app crashing when interacting with HEVC images.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We've heard that Settings still isn't available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. We're looking into the issue.
- We're looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 or 38 after they're attached.
The Windows 10 20H1 update is expected to launch in the first half of 2020 for the public. Microsoft appears to be winding down development of new features, with recent test builds focusing mostly on fixes and improvements.
For more on this release, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes at the Windows Blog. Otherwise, Fast ring Insiders can download build 19028 via Windows Update now.
Halo 3 on PC launches early on Steam and Windows 10
Halo 3 was slated to release during the afternoon of July 14, but 343 Industries decided to give it to us a little earlier! Here's everything you need to know.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 system requirements: Can my PC run it?
Here are the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 PC requirements, internet speed requirements, and recommended hardware to explore its cloud-powered playground.
Check out the first screenshots for Far Cry 6
Ubisoft has released a batch of screenshots for the upcoming Far Cry 6. These screenshots show a tropical paradise torn apart by war.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.