Windows 10 20H1 build 19028 rolls out to Fast ring Insiders
Fixes and improvements are in the cards with this release.
What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19028 is now rolling out to Fast ring Insiders.
- There are no new features, but there is a handful of general fixes and improvements.
- Windows 10 build 19028 is available via Windows Update now.
Windows Insiders on the Fast ring can get their hands on a fresh Windows 10 build today. As part of the latest release in the 20H1 testing branch, build 19028 is now rolling out. This update doesn't bring any new features, but there is a handful of bug fixes and improvements tagging along.
Here's a quick look at what's new in build 19028.
General changes, fixes, and improvements
- We fixed a recent issue that could result in Settings crashing when docking/undocking your device. This issue may have also impacted Action Center launch performance.
- We fixed an issue impacting the performance of the Printers & Scanners section of Settings loading.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Other People section under Storage Settings not displaying the correct size used.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Windows Update history in Settings saying a Cumulative Update required a reboot, despite it already being installed. This occurred when a Feature on Demand had installed while the cumulative update was originally pending reboot.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Photos app crashing when interacting with HEVC images.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We've heard that Settings still isn't available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. We're looking into the issue.
- We're looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 or 38 after they're attached.
The Windows 10 20H1 update is expected to launch in the first half of 2020 for the public. Microsoft appears to be winding down development of new features, with recent test builds focusing mostly on fixes and improvements.
For more on this release, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes at the Windows Blog. Otherwise, Fast ring Insiders can download build 19028 via Windows Update now.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.