Windows 10 build 17746 heads out to Fast ring Insiders, 'Your Phone' hits Release Preview
Windows Insiders are being treated to a second Fast ring build this week.
For the second time this week, Microsoft is shipping out a fresh Windows 10 preview build to Insiders in the Fast ring. This latest release pushes the build number up to 17746 and, like other recent builds, doesn't pack any new features. Instead, Microsoft is focused on fixing bugs and improving performance as it winds down development of Redstone 5 ahead of its public release.
Here's a look at what's new:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would incorrectly report some standard combo boxes as "editable combo box" instead of "combo box".
- We fixed an issue in Windows Mixed Reality causing motion controllers to need to be re-paired after initial setup before appearing in the headset. If you still experience this, please file feedback in Feedback Hub.
- We fixed an issue for Japanese and German where when you reset your PC (from Settings > Update & Security > Recovery) the progress percent would be written in the middle of the string rather than at the end.
- We fixed an issue when using Italian as your display language where the Yes button to confirm file deletion would sometimes disappear when trying to delete a OneDrive file via File Explorer.
- Thanks for everyone that's shared feedback about naming the tabs you've set aside in Microsoft Edge. We're evaluating the right approach for this feature and in the meantime, it has been removed from RS5 builds.
- You may experience a bugcheck (GSOD) when logging out of your user profile or shutting down your PC.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
Interestingly, Windows Insider chief Dona Sarkar also noted that the Your Phone app is now heading out to the Release Preview ring "specific to PCs running Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803, Build 17134)." Sarkar also confirmed the new name the team is exploring for Screen Sketch with Skip Ahead Insiders.
As always, you can review the full official release notes at the Windows Blog.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.
That sucks they removed the naming tabs feature in edge... But it did need vast improvement
Naming Set Aside tabs should've been there from Day One. A shame everything is taking so long ...
Doesn't look like a new SA build this week,
By Jez Corden