Microsoft today is rolling out another new Windows 10 preview build for Fast ring Insiders. Today's release ticks the build number up to 17754, bringing with it a slew of general fixes and improvements, along with a couple of known issues. Here's a look at what's new.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We're just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed an issue resulting in reduced Action Center reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where if you opened one of the taskbar flyouts (like network or volume), and then quickly tried to open another, it wouldn't work.
- We fixed an issue for people with multiple monitors where if the Open or Save Dialog was moved between monitors some elements might become unexpectedly tiny.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing recently when setting focus to the in-app search box.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain games, like League of Legends, not launching/connecting properly in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where clicking on web links in PWAs such as Twitter didn't open the browser.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain PWAs not rendering correctly after the app had been suspended then resumed.
- We fixed an issue where pasting multi-line text into certain websites using Microsoft Edge might add unexpected empty lines between each line.
- We fixed a crash in recent flights when using the pen to ink in Microsoft Edge's web notes.
- We fixed a high hitting Task Manager crash in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing for Insiders with multiple monitors when changing various options under Display Settings in the last few flights.
- We fixed a crash when clicking the Verify link on the Accounts Settings page in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where the contents of the Apps & Features page wouldn't load until the apps list was ready, resulting in the page appearing blank for a time.
- We fixed an issue where the list on Settings of built-in phrases for the Pinyin IME was blank.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator where activating Microsoft Edge history items would not work in Scan mode.
- We made some improvements in Narrator Selection when moving forward in Microsoft Edge. Please try this out and use the Feedback hub app to let us know any issues you encounter.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
As always, you can check out the full release notes at the Windows Blog. Otherwise, Fast ring Insiders can pick up build 17754 now via Windows Update.
These are the best deals on Xbox consoles you'll find this month
If you're in the market for a new Xbox One console, you'll want to check these deals out first.
Microsoft Surface Cyber Monday Deals: Surface Pro 7 down to $600
Microsoft's Surface lineup has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. Whether you're looking for the newest Surface Pro X or Pro 7 or are willing to settle for a previous generation at an even more discounted price, we've got all the best deals you're going to find around the 'net right here.
Need a new laptop to run VR? Here are the best devices out there now.
Using a laptop to power your VR system makes it easy to take it with you wherever you go. Not just any laptop is going to work for VR, though, so we rounded up your best options right here.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.