What you need to know
- Another new Windows 10 Insider build is available on the Slow ring.
- This build brings a handful of bug fixes and no new features.
- You can download this release now as build number 19041.173.
Microsoft pushed another new build out for Windows Insiders on the Slow ring. This release pushes the build number up to 19041.173, and it includes a handful of bug fixes. There are no new features to check out, however.
Here's a look at everything that's fixed and improved in build 19041.173:
- We fixed an issue that prevents older versions of certain apps from opening by directing users to install the latest version of these apps.
- We have fixed an issue that fails to allocate resources during device initialization, which causes certain USB mass storage devices to stop working.
- We have fixed an issue that prevents the mute button from working on certain devices with the Your Phone app.
- We have fixed an issue that causes a fault in the input-output memory management unit (IOMMU) and a DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION (e6) error. This issue occurs after resuming from hibernate on systems that have Kernel Direct Memory Access (DMA) Protection and Dynamic Root of Trust Measurement (DRTM) enabled.
- We have updated the Country and Operator Settings Asset (COSA) to increase the coverage for automatic cellular provisioning on devices with mobile broadband.
And here is the single known issue:
- We are aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3that resolves the known issue with Edge.
This build is available for Slow ring Insiders to download now via Windows Update. For more, you can also check out Microsoft's full release notes.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.