Microsoft is rolling out a new cumulative update for Windows 10 Anniversary Update users on the production ring that brings more bug fixes and under the hood improvements. The update is question is titled KB3201845, which when installed brings the build number up to 14393.479.
If that build number sounds familiar, that's because it is. This update rolled out to the Release Preview ring last week, and is now finally rolling out to the public. Here's the full changelog:
- Improved the reliability of mobile device management (MDM) disenrollment, Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM), Peripheral Component Interface and PowerShell.
- Addressed issue that causes excessive battery drain if you have a Chinese Input Method Editor installed and use Windows Hello to log in.
- Addressed issue with OLE drag and drop that prevents users from downloading a SharePoint document library as a file.
- Addressed issue with Super Floppy-formatted fixed media devices that are not recognized by Windows 10 Anniversary Update or accessible in Windows Explorer.
- Addressed issue that causes the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) client to fail installation when a device is re-imaged using the SCCM task sequence.
- Addressed issue that causes the loss of optional component (OC) state information, including all Hyper-V virtual machines, after upgrade.
- Addressed issue that causes Windows Explorer to display information that's inconsistent with what's stored on the Floppy disk.
- Addressed issue that, after connecting a shared CD/DVD-hosted drive with no media inserted, causes some of the commands, like DIR and NET USE, to hang.
- Addressed issue where customers cannot use directory cache sizes greater than 64 KB.
- Addressed issue where Windows Explorer sometimes does not prompt for credentials when a user logs on using a Microsoft account.
- Addressed additional issues with application compatibility and Internet Explorer
The update is rolling out for the public on PC now, so make sure you check for updates if you're not part of the Insider Program!
Thanks for the tip, @A_Deerslayer!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.