What you need to know
- Microsoft rolled out another Windows 10 cumulative update for May 2019 Update PCs today.
- The update is optional, but it's packed with fixes.
- You can download the update now via Windows Update.
Microsoft today pushed another cumulative update out for Windows 10, this time for PCs on the May 2019 Update. For this round of fixes, the update is optional, though they'll be included with future cumulative updates as per usual.
Today's update pushes the May 2019 Update to build 18362.449 with KB4522355. Included are several fixes related to issues with Narrator, the Start menu, and more. Here are the highlights:
- Updates an issue that prevents Microsoft Narrator from working in certain touch mode scenarios.
- Updates an issue that starts assistive technology (AT) (such as Microsoft Narrator, Magnifier, or NVDA) after signing in when you've configured it to start before signing in.
- Updates an issue that causes Magnifier to stop working in certain scenarios, and you have to restart it manually.
- Updates an issue that causes Microsoft Narrator to stop working in the middle of a session in certain scenarios.
- Updates an issue that might prevent a scroll bar from being selected.
- Updates an issue that allows a device to go to Sleep (S3) even if you configure the device to never sleep.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from shrinking a window in some cases.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
- Updates an issue that causes screen flickering or is slow to display the screen when you show application thumbnails on a monitor that has high dots per inch (DPI).
- Updates an issue that causes the tile for the Photos app to appear larger than expected in the Start menu under certain conditions.
- Updates an issue that causes the system to stop responding at the sign-in screen.
- Updates an issue that might cause a black screen to appear the first time you sign in after installing a feature or quality update.
- Updates an issue that causes the Start menu, the Cortana Search bar, Tray icons, or Microsoft Edge to stop responding in certain scenarios after installing a monthly update.
There aren't any know issues to be aware of with this release. If you're running a PC with the May 2019 Update, you can download KB4522355 via Windows Update now. The fixes are also available as a manual download from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.
Everything we know about 'Xbox Series S' Lockhart
The Xbox Series X is getting a baby brother in the form of a console codenamed Lockhart, most likely to be called Xbox Series S. Here's what we know so far.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.