What you need to know
- Microsoft rolled out another Windows 10 cumulative update for May 2019 Update PCs today.
- The update is optional, but it's packed with fixes.
- You can download the update now via Windows Update.
Microsoft today pushed another cumulative update out for Windows 10, this time for PCs on the May 2019 Update. For this round of fixes, the update is optional, though they'll be included with future cumulative updates as per usual.
Today's update pushes the May 2019 Update to build 18362.449 with KB4522355. Included are several fixes related to issues with Narrator, the Start menu, and more. Here are the highlights:
- Updates an issue that prevents Microsoft Narrator from working in certain touch mode scenarios.
- Updates an issue that starts assistive technology (AT) (such as Microsoft Narrator, Magnifier, or NVDA) after signing in when you've configured it to start before signing in.
- Updates an issue that causes Magnifier to stop working in certain scenarios, and you have to restart it manually.
- Updates an issue that causes Microsoft Narrator to stop working in the middle of a session in certain scenarios.
- Updates an issue that might prevent a scroll bar from being selected.
- Updates an issue that allows a device to go to Sleep (S3) even if you configure the device to never sleep.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from shrinking a window in some cases.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
- Updates an issue that causes screen flickering or is slow to display the screen when you show application thumbnails on a monitor that has high dots per inch (DPI).
- Updates an issue that causes the tile for the Photos app to appear larger than expected in the Start menu under certain conditions.
- Updates an issue that causes the system to stop responding at the sign-in screen.
- Updates an issue that might cause a black screen to appear the first time you sign in after installing a feature or quality update.
- Updates an issue that causes the Start menu, the Cortana Search bar, Tray icons, or Microsoft Edge to stop responding in certain scenarios after installing a monthly update.
There aren't any know issues to be aware of with this release. If you're running a PC with the May 2019 Update, you can download KB4522355 via Windows Update now. The fixes are also available as a manual download from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.