Microsoft is today rolling out a brand new Insider Preview build for Windows 10 Mobile that's packing a few new changes that are worth noting for once. Today's build is 15240, and includes new emoji 5.0 that were introduced on the PC Insider builds version earlier this year.
Microsoft says availability of this build will be staggered for Insiders in the Fast ring. So if you don't see it just yet, be patient.
What's new for Mobile?
- Emoji 5.0: Just like we did on PC, we have added support for the latest Unicode updates – including new snacks, actions, dinosaurs, and even fantasy characters like genies, fairies and zombies – to Windows 10 Mobile in this build. They're all accessible via both the touch keyboard and the Emoji Panel. We've tweaked some of our original emoji designs based on your feedback and to improve consistency with how the emoji is displayed on other platforms (while maintaining our Windows style).
- Chinese Lunar Calendar: We have received questions about supporting the Chinese Lunar calendar on Windows 10 Mobile. The power of a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is that it can run on any Windows-based device. The Calendar UWP app supports the Chinese Lunar calendar on both PC and Mobile.
- We fixed the issue where trying to update Windows Store apps saved to your SD card resulted in an 8007000B error. Apps installed on SD cards should update without any issue.
- We fixed an issue where there was no icon shown for Windows Update for either new notifications or on the settings page under Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
Known issues for Mobile
- Occasionally, Narrator speaks phrases in English rather than the chosen non-English language.
- There is a problem with the HP Elite X3 with wired docks where the portrait orientation setting is lost when the external display is disconnected and reconnected. A workaround for this is to reboot the phone after tapping the "OK" button instead of disconnecting and reconnecting. This workaround must be performed every time you connect to an external display you want to use with Continuum in portrait orientation.
- When installing or updating a Windows Store app, you may see error 80070057. As a workaround, you can get the latest app by uninstalling the older version of the app from your device and reinstall latest version from Store.
Build 15240 is rolling out now for Insiders in the Fast ring on Windows 10 Mobile. Will you be installing?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Your Xbox questions answered with #AskJezXbox!
Check out our new video series #AskJezXbox, which takes your questions and comments and puts
SecretLab Titan World of Warcraft Chair Review: Embracing the Horde
SecretLab's refreshed 2020 Series Titan chairs are among the best you can buy. What would happen if you threw in some intricate World of Warcraft iconography? The answer: something special.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
These external monitors go perfectly with the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is an excellent laptop, but what if you want to project the display onto a larger screen? You'll need an external monitor for that. Here are our favorite options.