Updated March 13, 2019: Microsoft today pushed out another minor update to build 18351 for Slow ring Insiders. "Build 18351.8 (KB4492310) includes a fix to improve how we service builds," Microsoft said in an updated blog post. The original story follows.
Microsoft has rolled out another fresh Windows 10 preview build for Windows Insiders on the Slow ring to check out. Today's release ticks the build number up to 18351.7, bringing all of the changes of build 18351 with an additional fix for an issue that caused the Chinese versions of several games not to work.
Here's a recap of what's fixed in this build:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- If you haven't been able to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time), we've just made more slots available! Whether you've tried it in earlier builds or haven't had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need. We've also made fixes to improve the download and install experience thanks to your feedback, so please try again if you had problems before.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in monitors being missing from the built-in Color Management application.
- We fixed an issue causing Explorer.exe to crash for some Insiders when Jump list content was updated.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some devices unexpectedly experiencing a 30 second wait before pin re-entry was available after a pin was incorrectly entered on the lock screen.
- We fixed an issue where the time shown on the clock in Windows Sandbox might not match the clock outside of Windows Sandbox.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Emoji 12 emoji showing up as boxes in certain XAML text fields.
- We fixed an issue where text scaling values did not persist across upgrades for Win32 applications.
- Due to a Narrator reading reliability issue for the "Change how capitalized text is read" feature, the feature has been disabled starting in build 18351.
- We fixed an issue where the mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- While this flight contains some night light improvements, we're continuing to investigate reported issues in this space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We're investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We're investigating an issue where region settings are being reset on upgrade for some Insiders. Fixed with Build 18351.7.
- We're investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
As with all preview releases, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes at the Windows Blog. Otherwise, if you're on the Slow ring, you can grab build 18351.7 via Windows Update now.
Would this be safe to update on my daily driver?
I would check the known issues.
It's a better bet to wait where now weeks/days from the sign off build.
I agree. Better to be patient on a production device. That being said, I have an older laptop on fast ring and recent 19H1 builds are pretty stable. I still wouldn't recommend fast or slow ring on one's daily driver, but I'm thinking about putting my prod laptop on release preview ring. I'll jump back out of insiders after 19H1 goes live. Still a risk, but minimal.
I'm running it on my Surface Pro 4 with no problems but as others have said it's probably best to run it on a spare machine at this point.
Remember when these new build post had 100 comments in the first hour, where has everyone gone
Really very little to 0 comments on most posts.
We're now at the end of development. So not really much to comment about.
Most people now comment on the full review posts.
There's also the fact that there aren't any exciting features in this (and the previous) build. So what's there to discuss - bug fixes, GUI updates?
Yes people are opting for the full build review WC has over 700,000 for 1903
I am not installing this on anything I wish to work correctly. I did the last Slow Ring build on a Surface Book 2 and nothing worked. System Image restore.
Most of the system may not support the upgraded version of the Windows-based system due to some specific restrictions. To resolve these issues may contact with an https://applesupportnumber.net/blog/error-connecting-to-apple-id-server/ that will guide them to overcome these situations.
I'm assuming you're just trolling with that post!!?!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.