Updated March 13, 2019: Microsoft today pushed out another minor update to build 18351 for Slow ring Insiders. "Build 18351.8 (KB4492310) includes a fix to improve how we service builds," Microsoft said in an updated blog post. The original story follows.
Microsoft has rolled out another fresh Windows 10 preview build for Windows Insiders on the Slow ring to check out. Today's release ticks the build number up to 18351.7, bringing all of the changes of build 18351 with an additional fix for an issue that caused the Chinese versions of several games not to work.
Here's a recap of what's fixed in this build:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- If you haven't been able to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time), we've just made more slots available! Whether you've tried it in earlier builds or haven't had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need. We've also made fixes to improve the download and install experience thanks to your feedback, so please try again if you had problems before.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in monitors being missing from the built-in Color Management application.
- We fixed an issue causing Explorer.exe to crash for some Insiders when Jump list content was updated.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some devices unexpectedly experiencing a 30 second wait before pin re-entry was available after a pin was incorrectly entered on the lock screen.
- We fixed an issue where the time shown on the clock in Windows Sandbox might not match the clock outside of Windows Sandbox.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Emoji 12 emoji showing up as boxes in certain XAML text fields.
- We fixed an issue where text scaling values did not persist across upgrades for Win32 applications.
- Due to a Narrator reading reliability issue for the "Change how capitalized text is read" feature, the feature has been disabled starting in build 18351.
- We fixed an issue where the mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- While this flight contains some night light improvements, we're continuing to investigate reported issues in this space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We're investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We're investigating an issue where region settings are being reset on upgrade for some Insiders. Fixed with Build 18351.7.
- We're investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
As with all preview releases, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes at the Windows Blog. Otherwise, if you're on the Slow ring, you can grab build 18351.7 via Windows Update now.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Minecraft Dungeons has a major secret Diablo fans will love (spoilers)
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and I can't stop playing it. As we dive deeper into the end game, we keep finding more and more secrets, and one has been found now that Diablo fans will love.
Halo 2's PC launch instability was unacceptable, and Halo 3 can't repeat it
The launch state of Halo 2's multiplayer on PC was simply unacceptable, and the fact that the game was allowed to release in this state raises serious concerns about how future Halo ports, especially Halo 3, will turn out. Here's why this can't happen again if Halo is to be successful on the PC platform.
Best Windows 10 Wallpaper Apps and Websites in 2020
You stare at your desktop wallpaper all day, so why leave it boring or as the Windows 10 default wallpaper? These websites and apps will help you keep your desktop fresh and beautiful.