What you need to know
- Windows 10 preview build 19042.388 is headed to Beta channel Insiders.
- This build focuses on fixes with no new major features in tow.
- The build is available now via Windows Update if you're enrolled in the Beta channel.
Microsoft launched another Windows 10 preview build for Insiders enrolled in the Beta channel today. The build comes shortly after Microsoft revamped its Insider channels, renaming the Slow ring to the Beta channel, while the Fast ring became the Dev channel.
In this build, there are no new, major features. However, you can expect several fixes after you've installed build 19042.388. Of particular note is a fix for gamers, who may have experienced visual distortion when resizing in windowed mode of switching from full screen to windowed.
Here's a look at all of what's new:
- We fixed an issue that might prevent you from using PowerShell to change the system locale on Server Core platforms.
- We fixed an issue that might cause certain games and applications to have visual distortion when resizing in windowed mode or switching from full screen to window mode.
- We fixed an issue that causes lsass.exe to fail with the following error message, "A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008. The machine must now be restarted."
- We fixed an issue that might prevent some applications from printing documents that contain graphics or large files after installing Windows Updates released June 9, 2020.
- We fixed an issue that might prevent you from connecting to OneDrive using the OneDrive app. This issue occurs on some older devices or on devices that have older apps, which use legacy file system filter drivers. As a result, this might prevent these devices from downloading new files or opening previously synced or downloaded files.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Microsoft Store, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, Windows MSXML, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Remote Desktop, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge Legacy, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
For more on this release, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes. Otherwise, if your PC is already enrolled in the Beta channel, you can download build 19042.388 via Windows Update now.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.