It's Episode 100, people! That's a whole lot of Windows Mobile. And to celebrate, well, we talk about a major shakeup within the Microsoft executive ranks, as well as the latest in Windows Mobile 7.
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Top o' the news
- Shakeup at Microsoft (opens in new tab)
- Update: Microsoft used wrong info on slide; IDC exonerated (opens in new tab)
- IDC believes Microsoft can sell 30 million WP7 devices by end of 2011
- Ballmer: Windows Phone 7 devices by Christmas?
- Samsung (Omnia HD) prototype with WP7 gets handled; game 'Twin Blades' shown
- Ballmer: No plans for WP7 in tablets?
- LG Panther (GW910) specs get detailed/LG Panther (WP7) now shipping to developers. Plus packaging, a camera shot and more!
- Review: Microsoft KIN, Part Three: Performance (opens in new tab)
- Verizon announces LG Fathom, in stores June 3 for $149.99 (opens in new tab)
- HTC Huashan and Hengshan: probably WM6.5 devices for China, not WP7
- 20 new games coming to Windows Mobile for free (but paid for by Microsoft)
- T-Mobile HTC HD2 ROM is back...again (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft Tag moves out of Beta (opens in new tab)
- Foursquare updated (opens in new tab)
- "Paper Ball" game and London Tube app shown for Windows Phone 7
- HomeScreenJump now available for Sense 2.5 (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft may cut cost of Zune Pass: $9.99 a month?
Thanks to the WMExperts Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!
Congrats on 100. Grate show, love it... :)
Congratulations on your 100th WMExperts podcast. I've listened to just about everyone. Exciting times for fans of WinMo. Really excited about Q3 or Q4 (Windows Phone 7). Bring Dieter back! (at least as guest).
congrats on 100! Only because I'm such a big fan I feel the need to give Mal a piece of my mind: I've been using NRG's Energy rom for 18ish months not and never had a problem (i should try one of your roms lol). And don't be so critical of Maxy, he completely rewrote sense 2.5s home screen UI (which I'm now finding more enjoyable than WinMo's sense 2.5 or androids sense 2.1). Moreover its only been out for a couple days and he completed this monumental task in less than 2 months. Thanks for the fantastic podcasts!
lol, thx and fair enough... Well then again, in regards to NRG/Maxi, while I fully agree with all the hard work both have put in, the original question dealt with flashing customs ROMs, feedback, improvements, etc. In other words, one just trying out NRGs new ROM with Maxi would probably be disappointed, it should be more "beta" than Gold at this point. But you don't know to you flash, right? That's fine for powerusers, but once again, the question pertained to novices and how they would know what is "solid/stable" vs "beta/experimental". Appreciate your perspective though and thanks for listening ;-)
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.