Verizon today announced the LG Fathom, a 3.2-inch horizontal slider running Windows Mobile 6.5.3. The Fathom will be available at business channels on May 27 and in stores June 3. It will cost $149.99 after the usual two-year contract and $100 mail-in rebate. Monthly plans begin at $39.99 for voice and $29.99 for unlimited data.
Other specs of note:
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor.
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n.
- Bluetooth 2.1.
- MicroSD up to 16GB.
- 3.2MP camera.
Full presser after the break.
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SAN DIEGO, CA — Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones), today announced the LG Fathom™ will be available in Verizon Wireless business sales channels beginning May 27 and online and in Communications Stores beginning June 3. The ultimate on-the-go office, the LG Fathom redefines productivity with Windows Phone power, stylish design and smart global capabilities for making voice calls in more than 220 countries and accessing data in 200 countries, 110 with 3G speeds.
- Sleek slate blue case takes customers from Monday meetings to Friday outings
- Large 3.2” touch screen with Improved Touch Experience and vibration for tactile feedback
- 1 GHz processor
- Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard with simultaneous touch screen capabilities
- microSD™ slot for up to 16 GB of memory
- Wi-Fi® enabled (802.11 b/g/n)
- Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, dial-up networking, stereo, phone book access, basic printing, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, file transfer, and serial port
- Built-in MP3 and WMA music player with music library, repeat and shuffle features, as well as stereo sound via headset or Bluetooth
- Windows® Media Player 10 Mobile and video player for WMV, MP4, and 3GP formats
- USB mass storage for file transfer between microSD card and PC
- One-touch speaker phone and speaker-independent voice commands
- Text to speech and voice-activated dialing for up to 4,000 entries
Additional lifestyle features:
- Dedicated task manager key for quick access to mobile Task Manager
- Windows Mobile Device Center and ActiveSync allows users to synchronize Outlook®, Office® and contents from Microsoft Exchange Server® to keep personal information organized and updated
- View and edit with Excel® Mobile, OneNote® Mobile and Word® Mobile or view important presentations with PowerPoint® Mobile
- Scroll, zoom and view rich PDF content with Adobe® Reader LE
- Global roaming frequency automatically switches from CDMA/EVDO to GSM/UMTS depending on geographic location
- VZ Navigator® capabilities – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- VZ Navigator Global capabilities – Get turn-by-turn directions and maps in English while navigating through more than 20 destinations such as Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. This easy-to-use application also marks distances in miles or kilometers and finds restaurants, gas stations, banks/ATMs and other popular spots using the Local Search feature
- Wireless manager enables and disables wireless connectivity for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular network
- Luminous sensor designed to adjust LCD backlight brightness depending on light conditions
- Proximity sensor instantly locks touch screen buttons while talking on the phone
- Text and send clear images and fun animations through Flash User interface support
- International charger plus up to four different adapter clips for multi-country use
- 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder that includes:
- Five different camera resolutions and three different video resolutions
- Macro Mode for detailed, up close pictures
- Panorama for three guided, sequential shots
- Continuous shot for up to six consecutive photos
- Scene mode for auto, portrait, landscape, sports and night settings
- Image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, added frames and stamps
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sounds and color effects and a self-timer
- Choose between mute and unmute to record video with or without sound
- Optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings
- Video recording time up to one minute for sending or up to one hour for saving
Pricing and availability:
- The LG Fathom will be available in business sales channels beginning May 27 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores nationwide and online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning June 3 for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- LG Fathom customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
- Business customers interested in the LG Fathom can contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Surface Pro X (2020) gets a tiny processor bump, but fresh colors
Microsoft's Surface Pro X (2020) now features new color options and a slightly faster processor. What does that mean in terms of overall improvement in performance? Not a whole lot. But luckily, Surface Pro X still has an unmatched design and feature set that makes it utterly unique. Here is our full review.
These great Thunderbolt 3 docks turn your laptop into a desktop
Looking to make the most of your super-fast Thunderbolt 3 connection? The CalDigit TS3 Plus is our top pick thanks to plenty of ports and solid construction, but there are a bunch of other options that might better suit your needs.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 3:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 3:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
These are all the best displays for your XPS 15
When the large display found on the XPS 15 just isn't enough to get work done, attaching one of these external displays can vastly improve your productivity with more screen real estate.