Microsoft has detailed a new update on its way to Xbox One, for those enrolled in the Alpha ring of the Xbox Insider Program. Following the recent release of the Xbox fall update, today's build continues to build on the next set of features on their way to the console, under version 1711. While today's update is only minor, those eligible to get this update will see new content blocks added to Home, as well as fixes for the Blu-ray player for 3D content.
Only one minor feature is making its debut in this build, expanding on the content block system for Home, first introduced as a part of the Xbox fall update. Now, Xbox Live Club blocks can be pinned to Home, joining games, friends and other block options. You'll have the option to pin your favorite clubs (may we recommend Windows Central?) to your Home screen.
This update also rolls out several fixes, including issues surrounding the Blu-ray player and 3D content. Now, issues surrounding freezing, corrupted graphics, and black screens have all supposedly been solved, along with general improvements across the board. A minor tweak has also been made to fix an issue converting worlds in Minecraft.
Here's a full look at the complete changelog, provided by Microsoft.
OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1711.171031-1906
Available: 6:00PM PDT 11/4 (1:00AM GMT 4/11)
In addition to games and friends, you can now add club blocks to Home. You can add them from both the Guide and from the club itself. We've also made it easier to explore additional types of blocks at the bottom of Home by adding a new section under "Add More."
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused the Blu-Ray Player to freeze when playing 3D Blu-Ray content.
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused corrupted graphics when playing 3D Blu-Ray content.
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused a black screen when playing 3D Blu-Ray content.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements for Blu-Ray Player.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented players from converting worlds.
- The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Avatars on Home
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.