Microsoft has detailed a new update on its way to Xbox One, for those enrolled in the Alpha ring of the Xbox Insider Program. Following the recent release of the Xbox fall update, today's build continues to build on the next set of features on their way to the console, under version 1711. While today's update is only minor, those eligible to get this update will see new content blocks added to Home, as well as fixes for the Blu-ray player for 3D content.
Only one minor feature is making its debut in this build, expanding on the content block system for Home, first introduced as a part of the Xbox fall update. Now, Xbox Live Club blocks can be pinned to Home, joining games, friends and other block options. You'll have the option to pin your favorite clubs (may we recommend Windows Central?) to your Home screen.
This update also rolls out several fixes, including issues surrounding the Blu-ray player and 3D content. Now, issues surrounding freezing, corrupted graphics, and black screens have all supposedly been solved, along with general improvements across the board. A minor tweak has also been made to fix an issue converting worlds in Minecraft.
Here's a full look at the complete changelog, provided by Microsoft.
OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1711.171031-1906
Available: 6:00PM PDT 11/4 (1:00AM GMT 4/11)
In addition to games and friends, you can now add club blocks to Home. You can add them from both the Guide and from the club itself. We've also made it easier to explore additional types of blocks at the bottom of Home by adding a new section under "Add More."
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused the Blu-Ray Player to freeze when playing 3D Blu-Ray content.
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused corrupted graphics when playing 3D Blu-Ray content.
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused a black screen when playing 3D Blu-Ray content.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements for Blu-Ray Player.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented players from converting worlds.
- The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Avatars on Home
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
We lay out whether the XPS 13 2-in-1 or standard XPS 13 is a better buy
Dell's lineup includes both convertible and non-convertible versions of the XPS 13, and while they're both premium options, there are some similarities and differences to note before deciding on which will be your next PC.
Complete list of Xbox One Dolby Atmos games
Dolby Atmos creates a realistic, immersive soundscape, but is not featured in every game. These are all Xbox One games with baked-in Dolby Atmos support so far.