What you need to know
- Twitter recently released an update for its Progressive Web App.
- The update adds customization options within Communities and adds support for composing tweets for Super Followers.
- Scrolling through direct messages is also improved with the update.
Twitter just rolled out the January 2022 update for its Progressive Web App (PWA). The update brings support for composing tweets for Super Followers, improves scrolling within direct messages, and adds personalization options for Communities. A select set of Twitter users are now able to playback recorded Spaces as well. A handful of fixes and general updates also ship with the update.
Twitter's Super Follows feature allows people to pay for access to exclusive tweets and content from certain creators.
- Communities: We've been working on a number of things to help you manage and personalize your Communities. Community admins are now able to edit themes, banners, rules, and whether the Community is open or invite-only. More coming soon, keep up with everything with @HiCommunities.
- DMs: There's been a lot of work done to improve the scrolling experience within DMs. Scrolling through historical content should now feel much smoother, and the conversation will consistently stay pinned to the bottom when it needs to.
- Spaces: Currently available to a limited number of hosts, we're working to bring playback of recorded Spaces to Twitter.com. Learn more here, and keep up with all things Spaces with @TwitterSpaces.
- Super Follows: The ability to compose exclusive Tweets for your Super Followers is now available to all creators on Twitter.com.
- Twitter Blue: We're exploring ways to take the Twitter experience to the next level. Now launched in select countries, Twitter Blue is an opt-in, monthly paid subscription giving you access to exclusive features to help you customize your Twitter experience. Along with sign-up and subscription management, we're starting with a set of features including undo Tweet, top articles, reader mode, ad-free articles, and Bookmark folders. Learn more and stay up to date with @TwitterBlue.
- Tweets: When new Tweets come in on timelines they'll be grouped behind a new Tweets bar. This helps maintain your position while scrolling, and allows you to view new content when you're ready.
- Tweets: The Tweet composer on web now supports the ability to add a location to your Tweets if location services are enabled in your browser.
Twitter for Windows, Twitter for KaiOS, and Twitter Lite on Android should all see the new features and fixes.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org (opens in new tab).
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.