Zinio, a popular digital newstand service, has announced they will launch a Windows Phone 8 app that will be an exclusive for Nokia Windows Phones.
Zinio already has apps for Android, iOS and Windows 8 platforms. The Windows Phone 8 version of the app is expected to debut a new look and feel that is optimized for the smartphone experience.
New features include:
- Reading List – a seamless, up to the minute stream of select articles from trending magazines and full issues from user libraries, available offline and online
- Background downloading – Reading Lists update automatically while on wireless, fetching new articles and magazines
- Personalization features – new preference picker allows users to define the article stream in their Reading List by area of interest
- Windows Phone 8 live tile support, bookmarks, pinning, and more
- Improved text mode support for easy reading on smartphone screens
There was no date mentioned on when the Zinio Windows Phone 8 app will be released. The press release did mention that the app will "be exclusive to Nokia Lumia customers at launch" so hopefully Zinio will be available for all Windows Phone 8 devices shortly after release. It looks like a promising app and service for the Windows Phone platform.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
'The Nether Update' for Minecraft: The 1.16.2 update, and everything new you need to know
The Nether Update is the latest major release for Minecraft, and it changes everything about the fiery Nether. Here's everything you need to know.
Best Affordable Desk Chair for Kids in 2020
Everyone needs a comfortable and practical chair to sit at their desk with, and that includes kids who are working on homework or arts-and-crafts. Here's a list of some of our favorite options.