T-Mobile users in the US, who prefer Windows 10 Mobile, have the OneTouch Fierce XL from Alcatel to look forward to for early 2016. First announced at CES back in January, the phone did not get a firm price nor release date at the time. But now we do.
Now, a source familiar with the matter has told us the phone should be released on Wednesday, February 10 with a no-contract price of $139. The price was always assumed to be near the $140 mark due to Alcatel's previous pricing of a similar Android device on the carrier.
A recent support page posting on T-Mobile for the Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL revealed that the phone should be shipping with Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.63, which is newer than the new Lumias from Microsoft.
Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL specs
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.63
- 5.5-inch HD Display (1280x720 pixels)
- 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 Quad-Core Processor
- Cyan color exclusive to T-Mobile
- 4G LTE Cat 4 (B2/4/12)
- 8MP AF Main Camera with x2 Digital Zoom + 2MP Front-Facing Camera
- 2GB of RAM + 16GB of storage
- 2500mAH battery for up to 14 hours of talk time and 820 hours of standby time
- Additional Features: VoLTE, FCC Mandated Anti-Theft Protection and T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling compatibility
T-Mobile has yet to officially confirm the pricing and release date for this budget Windows Phone, but we should expect something shortly from the US carrier.