Many of us at Windows Central have been using Tweetium for Windows Phone and Windows for months now, but the Windows Phone Twitter client was technically in beta.
No more as starting today, the Windows Phone app is no longer beta and both have jumped in version numbers to 3.0. What's more, a brand new color accent scheme is now in place, making these Modern apps even more appealing.
Brandon Paddock, the developer behind the Tweetium apps, is never shy about giving detailed changelogs. Version 3.0 is no exception as the app has had some significant improvements over the last 24-hours.
Tweetium 3.01 for Window and Windows Phone
- First official release on phone!
- New theme system!
- You can now choose from a set of background colors and pair it with your choice of accent color (or none at all!).
- Multiple photo upload is now supported
- Added "Start at last read" option
- This will load to your last read position, up to about 200 tweets back (the most Twitter will provide in one request).
- Connect+ is now enabled by default for all Pro users
- More improvements to this coming via server updates soon
- Updated UI for profiles (particularly in portrait layout)
- Many UI and layout tweaks throughout the app
- Last read indicator is now attached to the top of the last read tweet, to help keep it from going under scrollbars
- Performance improvements
- Reduced battery and bandwidth usage
- Reduced occurrences of (non-stream) rate limit errors
- Fixed image embedding for conversation entries with multiple images
- Worked around a phone-only OS bug causing secondary touch contacts to trigger accidental thread expansions or button/link presses.
- Cancel pending thread expansions when moved off-screen
- Workaround for unmute function being undone by mute roaming
- All assets are now available at all scale sizes on phone
- Updated logo
- Fixes to loading and position restoration
- Fixed a bug which could cause the view to continuously try to load new tweets when near the top
- Fixed a bug with the CommandBar foreground color for black background with gray accent
- Fixed a bug which could cause redundant color entries to appear in the color selectors
- Fixed a problem where search box suggestions could be missing if capital letters were used
Tweetium is a true universal app for Windows and Windows Phone 8.1 making the one-time purchase of $2.99 for both apps a substantial deal. It also means that your last-read, configuration, and even color schemes are synced between the Windows and Windows Phone versions. It is the perfect example of Microsoft's one-app paradigm.
Tweetium is also gloriously fast and maintains a high 4.7 rating (out of 5) on the Store, which is almost unheard of these days.
Tweetium runs for $2.99 and optionally, you can choose to buy Tweetium Pro on top of that price to enable more accounts, TweetMarker, and push notifications. Some of you may cringe at paying for a Twitter client especially with some solid free ones on the Store. However, for some of us who rely on Twitter professionally, dropping some cash on this app is a no-brainer. In short, you know if you need Tweetium or not. If the cost is out of your range, you are not the target demographic, so jump back to your free apps and enjoy.
For myself, Sam Sabri and other writers here at Windows Central, we use Tweetium quite a bit and think it is worth a look if you are serious about Twitter. Grab 3.0 below and let us know what you think of Tweetium in comments!
- Download Tweetium for Windows Phone 8.1 ($2.99, buy once, buy everywhere)
- Download Tweetium for Windows 8.1 ($2.99, buy once, buy everywhere)