Dell has announced a new Dell Latitude 13 3000 Series 2-in-1 notebook made for business customers, along with new Inspiron 15 and 17 5000 notebooks for consumers.
The new Latitude 13 3000 notebook, as described by Dell, has a 13.3-inch 1920x1080 display. Here are some of its other features:
- Design: The laptop works in four distinct modes using the versatile 360-degree hinge —laptop, tent, stand and tablet— to use for editing spreadsheets to developing presentations. It automatically switches between tablet and desktop modes, helping workers change seamlessly amongst tasks without getting distracted. On top of flexibility, the aluminum exterior provides a sleek and pleasing look.
- Performance: The 6th Gen Intel® Skylake-U (Pentium, i3, i5) processors and available graphics ensure small businesses aren't slowed down by performance issues, whether they're surfing the web, preparing a PowerPoint or editing videos.
- More functionality: The laptop comes with a USB Type C port so power, data and audio are all integrated without add-ons or compromises. For small business employees, this means fewer cables to contend with and more desk space for project work.
- Windows Hello capable infrared camera: Built with a standard IR camera, the convertible fully supports Windows Hello out of the box and logs users in with a look. This offers important security benefits for small business employees, especially those working from coffee shops and other remote or public locations.
- Affordability: Cost remains top of mind for any small business owner – therefore, Dell has delivered a laptop that packs 256 GB of storage space, up to 16GB of memory and up to eight hours of battery life, all at a reasonable price.
The Dell Latitude 13 3000 notebook is now on sale starting at $699 on the company's website:
Here's how the company describes the upcoming Dell Inspiron 15 and 17 5000 notebooks:
- New thinner design for portability and an array of fun colors including Sparkling white, Midnight Blue, Fog Night, Matte Gray, Black, Bali Blue, Tango Red, Cosmic Purple
- Vibrant, optional FHD display for beautiful graphics with optional touch on 15-inch version
- TrueColor⁷ makes images and video up to twice as more vibrant and more realistic
- Optional infrared camera with Windows Hello lets you log in with just a look (15-inch FHD touch configuration only)
- DVD drive with optional Blu-ray writer for extra storage and watching videos
- Fast, responsive performance with up to the latest Intel 7th Gen Core i7 processors, roomy storage and optional discrete graphics
The new notebooks will go on sale on October 4 with the starting price of $549. Dell is also relaunching the XPS 13 notebook on that date with Intel's new 7th generation 'Kaby Lake' CPUs.