If you visit Windows Phone Central on a regular basis, you most likely have a Windows Phone. That means you should be using our top-rated app. Maintaining a 4.5 star rating (out of 5) from 1700 reviews, our app, developed by Jay Bennett, is always one of the top downloaded in the Store.
Today, we are happy to announce in conjunction with myAppFree that the Windows Phone Central app is completely free for the next 36 hours. Technically, our app is already free but if you pay 99 cents you can remove our ads that help support the site. However, if you act now, you can unlock that feature and not have to pay a dollar at all. Once unlocked, it is your forever!
We know many of you may not have a credit card or access to carrier billing, so hopefully this can help you stay on top of all things Windows Phone, Surface, Windows 8 and Xbox! If you have never tried our app you should check out what it has:
- Read home, reviews, apps, games, tips & developers sections
- Live tiles for the latest headlines
- Toast notifications
- Full comment functionality
- Watch videos and view pictures posted in each article
- Full search for any previous articles, including by section
- Search through YouTube videos from the site
- Deep links to the marketplace with articles featuring other apps
- Listen to the latest podcast on your device through the app
- Clean, simple, customisable user interface design and great user experience
- Sharing of articles through E-mail, SMS, Twitter and Facebook
- Full integration with the WPCentral forums
- Custom app and tile accents
- Lock screen wallpaper support
Make sure you download it today and please spread the word wherever you can, as we'd like for as many of you to take advantage of this as possible. Also, if you enjoy the app (and our giving it away for free) please leave a review for us in the Store as it greatly helps visibility of our app for others.
Windows Phone Central is proud to be partnering up with myAppFree, a free app and service that highlights special deals for software on the Windows Phone Store. Make sure you download their app to keep track of all the specials they run weekly, as you'll never know what you may find.
Windows Phone Central is also highlighting select apps from myAppFree going forward as a benefit to the greater community. Stay tuned.