How do I get Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta for free?
If you're a long-time player of Minecraft, you probably already own the original PC/Mac Java version and have a Mojang account. Good news: you can redeem Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta for free if you purchased the Java version anytime in the past.
An Oculus Rift version of Minecraft was recently released, but you need to also have the Windows 10 Edition Beta to play. Oculus Rift owners out there are essentially getting two versions of the game for free!
How to get Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta for free
- Launch your favorite web browser from the Start menu or taskbar.
Navigate to www.mojang.com.
- Click the Account button in the top right corner.
Click the Email field.
- Type the email address associated with your Mojang account.
Click the password field.
- Type your password.
Click the Log in button.
- Click the Redeem button beneath Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta. You will be taken to the Microsoft Store.
Click the Redeem button.
- Click Go to Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta.
Click the Open button to launch Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta.
That's it! You can now enjoy the newest version of Minecraft.
If you didn't purchase the PC/Mac Java version of Minecraft in the past, you can still get in on the fun by purchasing Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta for about $10.