Pushbullet is coming to Windows Phone thanks to an enterprising third-party developer. Pushbullet is a popular product to bridge the gap between your phone, tablet and PC. You can easily share files, links and more from your phone to other devices around you. Let's check out this unofficial app and detail how you can join the beta.
Pushbullet (pushbullet.com) is a cool service that allows you to send things between your devices and have them show up instantly. Items will show up in the Notification Center on Windows Phone 8.1.
Here's what you can send between devices with Pushbullet:
Here's what makes Pushbullet really useful for users:
- Simple! It's the easiest way to get things from your computer onto your phone (or even from your phone onto your computer)! It's also great for sharing links, files, and more with friends!
- Files sent with Pushbullet are automatically downloaded and waiting for you and swiping the notification instantly opens the file! This means you'll never have to go dig for a file again in your email or Dropbox ever again.
- Links sent with Pushbullet take you right to the website from the notification. This makes it easy to pick up where you left off or get to the article you wanted to read later.
- Instead of looking up an address all over again on your phone, you can now just push the address to your phone. Tapping the notification will take you right to the Maps app!
Official apps for Pushbullet exist on Android and iOS, but not Windows Phone. You can join a beta for an upcoming unofficial app that holds a ton of promise. It looks great and early beta testers have had a positive experience with it.
Beta test a Pushbullet app for Windows Phone 8.1
Interested in joining the beta? Drop your email associated with your Microsoft account at the link right here: https://pushbullet.orthodox.io/beta.aspx
You'll then get an email later on saying you've been added as a beta tester. That email will also contain the link to the app in the Windows Phone Store.
We just signed up and can't wait to give the app/service a hands-on once we're in. Are you trying the app out? Let us know what you think of it!
Developers: Get beta testers for your apps!
You'll notice the source link below links to our forums. Why? Because we have a great section where developers can get beta testers for their upcoming Windows Phone and Windows 8 apps.
If you're a developer and want beta testers, there's no better place to look than in the forums of the largest Windows Phone community.
- Forum: Developers Beta Testing
To join the beta for this Pushbullet app, make sure you're rocking Windows Phone 8.1. We're excited to try it out!
Thanks for the tip bawajose