Respawn has just announced the sixth game update for Titanfall. This update will bring new game modes, burn card mechanics and more. Titanfall gets better with each update and we think you're going to like what's in store for you with this sixth game update.
New game modes and features:
Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.
Marked For Death is Now its own Permanent Game Mode! - When we first introduced Marked For Death, we were planning to rotate it out for another mode after a couple of weeks, but the enduring popularity of the mode convinced us to bring it on full-time. There will now be a Marked For Death playlist to choose from, along with custom Marked For Death loadouts to unlock.
Pssst...wanna buy a burn card? - Black Market Daily Deals now include the ability to buy individual Burn Cards from a limited, ever shifting stock. These items are in short supply, so prices may vary.
Gambling is for Winners - Roll the Dice is a new ultra-rare Burn Card that gives you the ability to tap into your entire deck from inside a match. It's the Fabergé Egg of burn cards if you will.
Burn Card Auto Fill - Toggle the new Burn Card Auto Fill option in the Burn Card Menu and it will automatically fill empty Burn Card slots for you. Never fight empty-handed again.
Late to the Game - Joining late is no longer penalized. If you join a match that is more than half way over and your team is not winning, a loss will not be counted on your record. If the match is a win for your team, we'll count it as one. We've also added a warning message noting you will receive a loss on your record by leaving a match in progress.
- Titans no longer show up on the minimap when they dash.
- Atlas and Stryder melee damage values have been switched to mirror their original design intent. The Titan melee damage order is now: Stryder, Atlas, Ogre from least to most. This is also consistent with the hierarchy of damage for the Big Punch mod.
- To stem the influx of Burn Cards at higher levels, the Bonus XP-to-Credits conversion rate for max level players has been adjusted.
- As part of the pan-galactic stimulus package, credits for selling rare Burn Cards have been increased from 200 to 400.
There are also numerous bug fixes coming to all platforms. Here are the Xbox One specific bug fixes:
- Fixed issue where a user couldn't sign in to Titanfall if there is a second account on the system which has access to Titanfall DLC content which the first user doesn't.
- Fixed incorrect leave game dialog behavior when in a party.
- Connecting a SmartGlass device to the X1 while Titanfall is running should no longer cause a crash.
- You should no longer be able to get behind walls when rodeoing a Titan that is ejecting on Relic.
- Titan OS no longer says that you are being attacked by an Enemy Pilot when you are inside an enemy Dome Shield.
We're happy to see Respawn continue to update and improve Titanfall. No exact release date for the changes above has been shared, we just know it's coming out "soon". We'll keep you posted.