The popular Nextgen Reader is now faster and universal thanks to a new update that was just published. Coming in as v188.8.131.52, the latest release adds plenty of new features to mix and is considered to be a major update. Thankfully, the details of what all has been changed have been outlined so let's take look at those.
- Brand new logo for universal app.
- Login/purchase once and run on multiple devices (Windows or Windows Phone).
- New live tiles with smaller text size for headlines.
- Easily configure individual tiles i.e. display only unread count, headlines or images.
- Support for large screen devices (Lumia 1520).
- Share articles via OS e.g. save to reading list app.
- Discover new feeds or browse categories via 'add feeds' hub.
- Optimized for low memory devices (Lumia 520).
- Redesigned login page and fixed login errors.
- Improved OneNote login (if you use 2-factor authentication).
- Many other changes and performance improvements.
- Known issue: Save image to phone is not supported in this release (planned).
As the update was just published, it might take a bit to filter through but you can check for updates to Nextgen Reader on the Windows Phone Store or the Windows Store. Once you get it downloaded, drop some comments and let us know what you think of the update.