The PayPal Here credit card transaction app is now available for Windows 8.1 users, and PayPal and Microsoft are offering a special promotional discount for US swipe transactions while using the app to celebrate its launch.
From now until June 15, US users of the PayPal Here app for Windows 8.1 will only have to pay a 1.9% per swipe fee on eligible transactions, versus the normal 2.7%. Here's the feature list for the app:
- Mobile credit card reader
- Accept credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal, plus track cash/check payments and send invoices
- Fast access to your funds, usually available in your PayPal account in just minutes
- Manage your back-office on your mobile device or computer
- Run daily, weekly, monthly, or custom sales reports
- One account works for multiple locations; create sub accounts for your staff
- World-class, PCI-compliant security and 24/7 Live customer support
In addition, the Microsoft Store site and its retail locations are now selling the PayPal Here card reader for $15. Microsoft is also selling the same reader bundled with a custom designed WindFall stand for the Surface Pro 3 tablet, along with a Kensington ClickSafe cable lock, for $164. Finally, that bundle is available with the purchase of a Surface Pro 3 itself for prices starting at $963. This bundle does not come with a discount for either product.
PayPal also announced plans to release a PayPal Here app for Windows Phone devices in November but that app has yet to be publicly released.