This last weekend we discovered the official Sphero app in the Windows Phone Store. Turns out the app had not ‘officially’ launched yet, but it is today. In addition to the app for Windows Phone, the team at Sphero has put out an official Windows 8.1 app. Details, feature set and download link after the break.
Sphero (gosphero.com) is a little toy robotic ball that you can control with your smartphone to play games and more. There are official apps on Android and iOS, but Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 have just joined the fray.
The Windows 8.1 has the same set of features as the Windows Phone version. Here’s what you get:
- Level up your Sphero’s speed as you master your driving skills
- Unlock your Sphero’s brightness with millions of colors as you level up
- Earn color upgrades, tricks, core reactor upgrades, and more
- Complete challenges to help Sphero save his home planet
- Receive important Sphero notifications and firmware updates.
You’ll of course need the original Sphero or Sphero 2.0 to get any use out of the apps, but they are invaluable to those with the toy. Have a Sphero? Take the apps for a spin and let us know what you think!