Welcome Uber back to Windows Phone. The official Uber app for Windows Phone was first launched in March 2013 but pulled from the Window Phone Store a month later in April. That first app wasn't anything to write home about and customers complained enough that it was removed. Now Uber is back.
Uber is a livery service that allows you to request a car in major cities around the globe. Here's what you get with the app for Windows Phone:
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Compare rates for different vehicles. Add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Easily set your pickup location on the map, even if you don't know the exact address. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. We'll email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
Those features of Uber are all available in this first release for Windows Phone. Over the next month Uber will be adding the following features:
- Fare quotes within the app
- Shareable links with trip map and ETA
- The ability to split your fare with friends for a more affordable ride
Anyone user Uber? It's incredibly handy when you're travelling. We're downloading the app right now ourselves, but take it for a spin and let us know what you think in the meantime.