If you are a Windows Insider member and also lucky enough to own the new Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL smartphones from Microsoft, you can now download the recently released Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.29 if you are on the Fast ring.
Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.29
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- We have resolve issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
Microsoft released this build late on Friday for other Windows Phone devices, which mostly has bug fixes and improvements for Windows 10 Mobile. The company has already indicated that Windows Insider build support will be added this week to the just launched Lumia 550, along with the older LG Lancet from Verizon.
New to the Insider program? Read our how-to enroll guide above to get started. Remember, without being in the Insider program you cannot get this release.
Update: As far as we can tell this release does not enable double-tap to wake under the Touch settings. Sorry, folks,