Xbox Music has just been updated for those on Windows Phone 8.1. Now can you please stop asking? Last week we reported that an update was due for the Xbox Music app. We’re getting reports that the update is now available. Ready for an improved app?
Head into the Windows Phone Store and you’ll see ‘Music’ sitting at version 2.5.2842.0. The changelog for the update informs us that the following changes are present:
- General performance improvements
- Bug fixes
Yeah, that’s as detailed as it gets in the changelog, but we know there’s more there. Last week we learned about incoming Cortana integration and more. Here are the features that Microsoft aimed to include in this release:
- Numerous stability fixes, including many of the reported black screens
- Cortana integration is complete and now supports playing playlists by name
- UI polish to improve animations and transitions between UI views
- Improved messaging for encountered errors, such as unplayable content in collections
- Background initial sync of local and cloud content
We do see the Cortana integration. Say something like ‘Play, <name of playlist>’ to have a specific playlist start playing. The other changes above you’ll have to spot while playing around with the app a bit more. So far we’re noticing it to be zippier between transitions while navigating the app. It also seems to be a little more stable.
Grab the updated app and let us know what you think! We’re looking forward to the bi-weekly releases for this app. Look for another update in two weeks.
Download Music from the Windows Phone Store.
Thanks for the tip everyone!