We won't be getting an update to Xbox Music today, but we are getting one for Xbox Video. Head to the Windows Phone Store and you'll see a changelog listing 'minor fixes and improvements'. That's wrong. Read on after the break to get the full scoop in what's new with this latest version of Xbox Video for Windows Phone.
Today's update brings Xbox Video to version 2.5.3962.0. Here's what you'll find:
- The Xbox Video tile on the home screen now supports custom backgrounds and theme colors, without the need of a 3rd Party App
- We used the telemetry info from the last release to track down and fix a stability issue that over the last 30 days was causing 75% of our reported unexpected application exits
- We fixed several download issues related to licensed content:
- Some downloaded content was not available to play when the phone was offline (i.e. the phone did not have an internet connection or was in Airplane mode).
- Certain behind-the-scenes timing issues could create an edge case where a piece of licensed content could not be downloaded.
- Some downloaded content could not be played after switching to streaming via the UI.
Additional fixes include:
- An unexpected application exit after purchasing a TV season with a large number of shows.
- Choppiness/frame rate stutter after resuming playback.
- Links to TV seasons listed in Featured Sets were pointing to the details pages for the wrong season in that TV series.
- An intermittent issue where Movie and TV Collections sometimes appeared empty when the phone was offline.
- In some cases, purchased Movie and TV content was not showing in a user's collection.
- Multiple localization issues.
Pretty solid list of changes for this update. Though this might be our last update for a few weeks. Microsoft has said that they're going to be working on 'meatier features' and that we shouldn't expect two-week release cycles for Xbox Video in the near future. What sort of features would you like to see the team add? Sound off below.
Thanks for the tips everyone!