AT&T Nokia Lumia 830 unboxing and quick tour
Yesterday, AT&T began to sell two new Windows Phones: the HTC One for Windows and the Nokia Lumia 830. We picked up the latter phone from our local store, where they had a few in stock and figured we would do an ol'fashioned unboxing and tour.
Perhaps what makes the AT&T Lumia 830 a little bit more interesting is that for a limited time, it comes with a free Fitbit Flex activity tracker – a $99 value. The Fitbit and Lumia 830 come bundled together in a larger box, making it quite the care package for $99 with contract ($450 without).
Lumia 830 Specifications
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update (build 14176) with Lumia Denim
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16 GB internal user memory; 15 GB OneDrive cloud storage, micro SD expandable up to 128 GB
- Display: 5.0-inch ClearBlack IPS HD (1280 x 720) display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Curved Glass (2.25D), Lumia color profile, wide viewing angle. Features double-tap to wake, Glance, Super Sensitive Touch, Sunlight readability mode.
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Main camera: F/2.2 10 MP PureView with ZEISS optics and optical image stabilization (OIS), Video recording at 1080p 30 fps (Full HD), Rich recording
- Secondary camera: 0.9 MP, F/2.4 720p video Nokia Camera, Nokia Storyteller, Nokia Creative Studio
- Size: 139.4 x 70.7 x 8.5 (volumetric) mm, Weight: 150 g
- Battery: Removable 2220 mAh battery, exchangeable shell, Qi wireless charging
- Audio: 3 high-performance microphones (HAAC), Nokia Rich Recording with surround sound capture (Dolby 5.1), Uplink noise cancellation for calls, 3.5 mm AV connector
Even more exciting is the fact that the Lumia 830 comes with TWO back covers, one black and one green, both of which support Qi and PMA wireless charging.
We have already unboxed the international Lumia 830 with a full product tour, so you can watch that too if you need more information. Otherwise, check out the video above or read George Ponder's first impressions article.
You can pick up the Lumia 830 with free Fitbit Flex direct from AT&T online (opens in new tab) or in select stores.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.
Really wish this would come to Tmobile. I could see myself jumping to this rather than the one m8 merely because of support.
I find it more crisp and the black is amazing! The screen merges with the bezel of the phone and seems that the screen its all over the glass. Amazing phone! I will not trade my 930 for nothing!
Quality it good enough!
The above link is wp user voice of you found it good, then vote it guys.