AT&T has reported its earnings for the second quarter of 2016, noting a solid bump in both consolidated revenues and wireless net adds over this time a year ago. In total, AT&T says that consolidated revenues were up to $40.5 billion for the quarter, which is an increase of 22% over the same period a year ago.
Concerning the wireless market specifically, AT&T says that it saw a total of 2.1 million wireless net adds total. 1.4 million of those net adds came from the U.S. alone, while Mexico contributed 780,000. According to AT&T, this quarter also saw the company's second-lowest churn on record at 0.97%. Here are the highlights:
- 2.1 million wireless net adds driven by connected devices, Mexico and Cricket
- U.S. net adds of 1.4M; including 257k postpaid and 365k prepaid
- 185k U.S. branded (postpaid and prepaid) phone net adds
- Nearly 800k branded smartphones added to the U.S. base, offsetting ~600k branded feature phone decline
- Postpaid churn of 0.97%, down from 1.01% in 2Q15 and second-lowest ever in U.S.
- Mexico: 780k branded net adds to reach about 10 million subscribers
For much more, be sure to check out AT&T's full earnings release.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Don't delete your Oculus Facebook account if you want to keep your games
Nowadays, your Facebook account is your Oculus account. Make sure you don't delete it if you want to keep your games.
Save $300 on Surface Duo at Best Buy
It's a good time to save a little cash on Surface Duo if you've been eyeing one lately. Best Buy is currently shaving $300 off the price of Microsoft's dual-screen device, so long as you activate it the same day. Without activation, you'll still get a pretty sweet $200 discount.
CORSAIR CX550F RGB PSU review: Stylish and stable power delivery
CORSAIR's new CX550F provides a snazzy option for mid-range PC users who need a power supply, but is the performance up to snuff? Here's what you need to know.
Buy one of these gaming PCs to play Microsoft Flight Simulator
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is a demanding game and it needs quite the PC to run it comfortably. If you don't have a PC yet dedicated to gaming, you'll want to pick from one of these to really bring the cockpit to life.