A new update for BlackBerry's BBM messaging app for Windows Phone is now available for download, and it's the first such update since the closed beta for the app went live a few days ago for its selected users.
The version number for the app has only changed slightly, from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 and there's no indication of a change log. Based on that, we would expect that this update is mainly for bug fixes and minor improvements. If you are one of the lucky folks who was accepted into the beta program, let us know if you have noticed any major changes to the app.
BlackBerry has just shared the changelog for this update. Here's what's fixed:
- BBM takes too long to open
- Takes too long to switch from old device to a new one
- Cannot send email invites. the invites go into inbox as emails
- Device global language settings don't appear to be changing all of the text within the BBM app
- WiFi Out of Coverage Windows Phone doesn't send queued invites/acceptances
- When location is turned off and send location in chat a toast or dialog should appear to inform user and turn the location on
- Group profile picture change not affecting the pinned tile image
- Group tile is splatted, but Contacts Pivot is not
If you are part of the beta program, you can download the BBM app for Windows Phone right now in the Windows Phone Store. Thanks to Stuart for the tip!
Minecraft Dungeons: 10 things that we'd love to see improved
Minecraft Dungeons is a great game, but as we max out the game and hit full completion, there are a few things we think could easily be improved. Here are ten of them.
How Microsoft Teams changed my football team during the pandemic
The global health crisis caused my football team's practices and season to be canceled. To continue coaching, we switched to virtual classroom sessions using Microsoft Teams.
Twitter PWA picks up a simple tweet scheduler in latest update
Twitter's PWA is now showing a tweet scheduler, which was previously only in testing for some users. The feature has long been a part of TweetDeck, but it is now available to anyone using twitter.com or the Twitter progressive web apps, including from the Microsoft Store.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.