BBM Beta goes live in Windows Phone Store for downloading
If you've joined the BBM Beta program, there's good news. The BlackBerry Messenger app is now live and ready to be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store, allowing Windows Phone customers to message friends on the BBM service on iOS, Android, and BlackBerry.
To download the app, you must be part of the BlackBerry Beta program, which filled up quickly. In addition to the Windows Phone-centric ability to pin to the Start screen, here are some of the features that the app brings to Windows Phone:
- BBID Setup and Log-in (for Whitelisted BBIDs)
- Create BBM Profile
- Invite a contact and suggested contacts (people you know)
- 1-to-1 & Multi-person Chat
- Contact Categories
- Manage Settings
- BBM Groups
- Notifications and in-app "splats" for new content. See them in Feeds, Contacts when they've sent you a message, etc.
Additionally, BlackBerry is also reporting the following known issues:
- Invites and acceptances don't send when Windows Phone goes out of WiFi coverage
- A few newer emoticons are not rendering properly (i.e brrrr, and flex and @-@)
- Windows Phone shows as available for BBM Voice call although feature is not supported (seen on Android and iOS, not BlackBerry 10)
- Error popup appears when using "Find Friends" and the "OK" button is selected
- Suggested Contacts tab only shows users already using BBM, but lists them as potential contacts when BBM is initially launched
Are you part of the beta program? How are you enjoying the new BBM app? Let us know what you like and if you've discovered any bugs or issues while using the latest cross-platform messaging service that's available to Windows Phone.
Thanks to all our tippers for letting us know!
- Free - Download now
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Chuong's passion for gadgets began with the humble PDA. Since then, he has covered a range of consumer and enterprise devices, raning from smartphones to tablets, laptops to desktops and everything in between for publications like Pocketnow, Digital Trends, Wareable, Paste Magazine, and TechRadar in the past before joining the awesome team at Windows Central. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, when not working, he likes exploring the diverse and eclectic food scene, taking short jaunts to wine country, soaking in the sun along California's coast, consuming news, and finding new hiking trails.
Read the article :)
Happy BBM day everyone!
New to bbm
Let me test bbm too..
Someone's gotta take charge of this mission.
Take it easy pal, its just an app.
People with no access to the beta program would really love to see the app in action.
What to do
Dont like a android...bbm wp8 is nice and funny
And i can't download this bbm
Did you receive email from BBM?
Does your phone show the same email id you entered during the sign up?
If everything is correct mostly there is some issue at their end or would have been a typo when you filled the form for windows store id.
Last time I had a BlackBerry it was a company device. Suspect same true for others. Never used BBM once, but integration with Enterprise contact directory was very useful. Could easily look up and email or ring anyone whilst on the go.
Does Windows Phone support directory integration?
But none of my friends using it
Windowsphone is the best
Wanna add up? 7cc95ef2
How do install bbm beta....??
IMP: do not let the app minimize while setting up
New to bbm
I faced 2 issues:
1. barcode didnt show until I added me other bbm pin manually.
2. if I close the bbm I dont get any msgs unless I open it.
these are the 2 things I faced and reported to bb.
I will be testing it more and more to get more issues . Posted via Windows Phone Central App
Geeeesh! I never turn of my email and it still won't running.