The biggest update to Microsoft Sticky Notes in some time is now beginning its public rollout. Nearly a month after it first began testing with Insiders, Sticky Notes version 3.0 is now gradually making its way to Windows 10 devices running the April 2018 Update, according to Microsoft's Engineering Manager for the app, Reza Jooyandeh.
Sticky Notes version 3.0 brings a ton of new features to the table. Among the most notable new bits is the ability to sync your notes between Windows 10 devices, so you'll be able to keep up with your tasks no matter what device you're working on. In terms of visual tweaks, there's a new formatting bar, along with a hub that gives you access to all of your notes and lets you choose what you want to display. There's also a new charcoal-colored note option if you want to keep things dark.
Here's a recap of everything that's new in Sticky Notes version 3.0:
- Sync (& backup) your notes across your Windows devices.
- If you have a lot of notes, your desktop can get a bit crowded! We are introducing a new home for all your notes. You can choose which notes to stick to your desktop or tuck them away and find them again easily with search.
- Before all the beautiful sunshine arrived, we channeled our dark energy into a dark themed note: Charcoal Note.
- Crossing tasks off feel better than deleting them! Now you can style your note with the new formatting bar.
- You may notice that Sticky Notes is performing a lot faster – that is completely on purpose.
- We've applied so much polish that the app is starting to look like a shiny pony!
- Drastic improvements on being more inclusive:
- Using assistive technologies and Narrator.
- Keyboard navigation.
- Using mouse, touch, and pen.
- High Contrast.
In his early look at Sticky Notes 3.0, Windows Central Senior Editor Zac Bowden came away pretty impressed with the improvements Microsoft has made to an app that usually flies under the radar. If you've been eager to test it out for yourself, the latest update is now gradually rolling out to PCs on the April 2018 Update.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The premium Lenovo Yoga C940 14 takes on the Yoga C740 14. Which one wins?
These two laptops come from the same family, but they're quite different with a price to reflect the premium offerings on the Yoga C940. Which one is right for you? We compare the two to help you decide.
Skype is great for Windows 10 users, even if people don't use it
Skype has apps everywhere, tons of features, and hundreds of millions of people have Skype accounts, but it's not known as a messaging app. Here's why Skype is the best communication app for users on Windows 10.
Master email with one of these awesome apps for Windows 10
Looking for a bit of variety in your email game? Need something powerful to handle the mail you send and receive? These are the best email apps for Windows 10.