The biggest update to Microsoft Sticky Notes in some time is now beginning its public rollout. Nearly a month after it first began testing with Insiders, Sticky Notes version 3.0 is now gradually making its way to Windows 10 devices running the April 2018 Update, according to Microsoft's Engineering Manager for the app, Reza Jooyandeh.
Sticky Notes version 3.0 brings a ton of new features to the table. Among the most notable new bits is the ability to sync your notes between Windows 10 devices, so you'll be able to keep up with your tasks no matter what device you're working on. In terms of visual tweaks, there's a new formatting bar, along with a hub that gives you access to all of your notes and lets you choose what you want to display. There's also a new charcoal-colored note option if you want to keep things dark.
Here's a recap of everything that's new in Sticky Notes version 3.0:
- Sync (& backup) your notes across your Windows devices.
- If you have a lot of notes, your desktop can get a bit crowded! We are introducing a new home for all your notes. You can choose which notes to stick to your desktop or tuck them away and find them again easily with search.
- Before all the beautiful sunshine arrived, we channeled our dark energy into a dark themed note: Charcoal Note.
- Crossing tasks off feel better than deleting them! Now you can style your note with the new formatting bar.
- You may notice that Sticky Notes is performing a lot faster – that is completely on purpose.
- We've applied so much polish that the app is starting to look like a shiny pony!
- Drastic improvements on being more inclusive:
- Using assistive technologies and Narrator.
- Keyboard navigation.
- Using mouse, touch, and pen.
- High Contrast.
In his early look at Sticky Notes 3.0, Windows Central Senior Editor Zac Bowden came away pretty impressed with the improvements Microsoft has made to an app that usually flies under the radar. If you've been eager to test it out for yourself, the latest update is now gradually rolling out to PCs on the April 2018 Update.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.