What you need to know
- Activision just released new Call of Duty: Mobile details.
- Call of Duty: Mobile is a free-to-play game for Android and iOS.
- The game features a battle royale mode with a hundred players.
- A beta will take place this summer in certain regions.
Ever since smartphones became incredibly popular all those years ago, there have been numerous Call of Duty clones that haven't lived up to the quality set by the original. Fans of the franchise have been clamoring for a proper mobile release, and recently, Activision announced that Call of Duty: Mobile is coming to previously unannounced regions like North America, South America, and Europe. Activision is teaming up with Chinese conglomerate Tencent to deliver the game.
Call of Duty: Mobile is a free-to-play game that brings together maps, modes, weapons, and characters from across the Call of Duty franchise. Keep in mind that it's not being developed by Activision, but by Tencent's Timi studio. Previously, only modes like "Team Deathmatch," "Search and Destroy," and "Free-For-All" – in iconic maps like "Nuketown," "Crash," and "Hijacked" – were confirmed. Luckily, now we know much more about the upcoming experience. The most prominent addition has to be a battle royale mode. Some of its main features are listed below.
- Up to a hundred total rivals on a large-scale map.
- Single, two-person, or four-person playlists.
- Choose from one of six initial classes, each with their own ability and skill.
- The mode features similar rules to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4's "Blackout" mode.
- Successfully-healed friends drop in from a cargo plane.
- The game can be played in either a third or first-person perspective.
- The battle royale map features areas from past Call of Duty titles like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
You can read an in-depth introduction to the battle royale experience on Activision's blog. It also allows you to pre-register to receive beta access when it's available in your region.
Are you excited about Call of Duty: Mobile's battle royale mode? What do you want to see from the experience? Let us know.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Call of Duty has never been this good
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is the best Call of Duty game in years and deserves to be on your radar. Be sure to check it out at a discounted price on Amazon.
Excellent and affordable Xbox accessories
Up your Xbox experience with one (or all) of these budget accessories, all of which are approved by the gamers of Windows Central.
PowerA Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One (opens in new tab) ($15 at Amazon)
This charging kit keeps your Xbox One wireless controllers juiced up, and it offers batteries for two controllers. At just $15, this is hands-down our favorite budget charging companion.
ElecGear 4 Port USB Xbox One S Hub (opens in new tab) ($19 at Amazon)
This brilliant little USB splitter hub attaches perfectly to the side of your Xbox One S console. It's ideal for use with chargers, controllers, headsets, and more.
Controller Gear stand (opens in new tab) ($13 at Amazon)
Proudly display your Xbox gamepads with this stylish and functional stand. The licensed design is minimalist and black, and it has a hidden storage compartment, making the price of $13 a real steal.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.