If you are visiting a city but don't want to rent a car, use a taxi or access a ride-share service like Uber, there is an alternative called Car2Go that lets you reserve, and then drive a car yourself in one-way trips. This week, Car2Go finally launched its official Windows Phone app a few years after its apps for iOS and Android.
Here are the main features of the app:
- Display of all vehicles available for use in your city and across the globe
- Seamless reservation system, allowing you to make a reservation 30 minutes in advance of a trip
- Automatic route guidance to the nearest car2go
- Important vehicle information, including estimated distance to nearest car2go, street address where car2go is located and fuel gauge or charge state for each car2go
- Ability to open a car2go using your smart phone
- Display of all car2go designated parking spaces and "Home Areas" for each city
- Catalog of all trips, including departure/destination address and cost for each trip
- Radar functionality that sends a push notification when an available car2go is close by
- And a bunch of other cool options that make car2go a leader in mobility solutions
Car2Go is currently available in North America in the following cities:
- Minneapolis / St. Paul
- Portland, San Diego
- Washington DC
- L.A. (South Bay)
If you live in Europe, you can use Car2Go in the following locations:
Thanks to Shafiq for the tip!
Download Car2Go from the Windows Phone Store (opens in new tab) (Free)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
I thought counter strike global offensive 2 launched for win phone! Csgo2!
London not a major city then?.
Wen in India?
Is uber or Lyft not on the WP store? Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Uber is. Im not sure with lyft.
Uber is, Lyft is not. So who gets my business, Uber.
Maybe now Zipcar will launch WP app too.
Yeah, Zipcar seems to be a lot more popular and it's actually available where I am.
Yay! Thanks for running my tip, John.
Has anyone been able to download the Car2go Beta or Car2go official app on Windows 10 Mobile? It says it's not available... I was using the Beta for a couple months without any issue...
How is it compared to Phone2car? Been using that. Often, first party software isn't as good as third party
Awesome! I bugged Car2go every month about releasing official app for Windows Phone ever since I started using their service 2years ago.
Installing and testing it right away! Hope it is at least as good as Phone2Car.
Played around with it a bit and also took a little trip as I had 10min free ride :) Works really well and I like the way the reservations are displayed. I am very happy with this official app. Only big bummer right now is the missing live tile support. However, I already deinstalled Phone2Car!
love car2go. thanks Next2car developer for supporting us for all this time!
The app is not available in the German store, the home country of car2go :-(
The App has been removed from the Store as it seems. At least for me it now says "Sorry, Car2go is no longer available..." What the hell!? I just had to do a reset and this app would not re-install. :(
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.