Car2Go launches its official Windows Phone app for its one-way car sharing service
If you are visiting a city but don't want to rent a car, use a taxi or access a ride-share service like Uber, there is an alternative called Car2Go that lets you reserve, and then drive a car yourself in one-way trips. This week, Car2Go finally launched its official Windows Phone app a few years after its apps for iOS and Android.
Here are the main features of the app:
- Display of all vehicles available for use in your city and across the globe
- Seamless reservation system, allowing you to make a reservation 30 minutes in advance of a trip
- Automatic route guidance to the nearest car2go
- Important vehicle information, including estimated distance to nearest car2go, street address where car2go is located and fuel gauge or charge state for each car2go
- Ability to open a car2go using your smart phone
- Display of all car2go designated parking spaces and "Home Areas" for each city
- Catalog of all trips, including departure/destination address and cost for each trip
- Radar functionality that sends a push notification when an available car2go is close by
- And a bunch of other cool options that make car2go a leader in mobility solutions
Car2Go is currently available in North America in the following cities:
- Minneapolis / St. Paul
- Portland, San Diego
- Washington DC
- L.A. (South Bay)
If you live in Europe, you can use Car2Go in the following locations:
Thanks to Shafiq for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.