File this headline under late-breaking, but Citi Cards (online.citibank.com) has finally released their popular app for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users. According to our forums, Citi started exploring building an app for Microsoft's platform 11 months ago, and today, it is live and ready for download.
Citibank is currently one of the top credit card and financial institutions around, and Windows Phone tends to have a gap when it comes to official banking apps, especially in Western markets. Bringing 128-bit encryption the Citi Cards app lets users log in and fully manage their accounts without using the web browser.
Citi Cards for Windows Phone 8
- View recent activity for your credit card accounts, including pending transactions
- Pay credit card bills and view payments
- Schedule future credit card payments
- Cancel scheduled credit card payments
- View your available credit line
- Quickly find the nearest ATMs/branches
Indeed, we are sure many of you are going to shout with joy for this one, and remember, leave a good Store rating and review if you like it, so others will know. Without further ado…
Update: Looks like the app is just a nice web wrapper for their mobile site. We suppose it's better than nothing, but we will let you decide.
Thanks, Chris K., for the tip!