Civilization VI will conquer your PC on October 21
Developer Firaxis and owner Take-Two Interactive have announced Civilization VI, the next entry in the popular grand strategy game series. Arriving October 21 on PC, Civilization VI will bring new features to the series, like physically-expanding cities, more active technological and cultural research, and more.
According to Take-Two Interactive, here's what you can expect from Civilization VI:
- EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain;
- ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization's progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures;
- DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations;
- COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the "one unit per tile" design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful "Corps" units;
- ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session;
- A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems are designed to introduce new players to the underlying concepts of Civilization so they can easily get started on a path to victory.
You can pre-order the standard edition of Civilization VI right now for PC on Steam for $59.99. There will also be a deluxe version of the game, which features the full game, the 25th anniversary soundtrack, and access to four post-launch DLC expansions. The price for the deluxe edition is unknown at this time.
Pre-order Civilization VI on Steam
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.