Update, December 15, 2020 (1:30 pm CT): The 1.04 hotfix update is now available for Google Stadia as well, after a few days' delay.
Update, December 12, 2020 (1 pm CT): The 1.04 hotfix update is now available for Xbox consoles as well, after a day's delay.
What you need to know
- Cyberpunk 2077 has launched to critical acclaim, but it universally suffers from a myriad of bugs and issues.
- To respond to these problems, CD Projekt RED is releasing the first of presumably many bug fixing patches.
- The 1.04 update is rolling out now to PC and Playstation consoles, with lots of bug fixes in tow.
- The update is also coming to Xbox platforms, but it'll take a little bit longer to arrive there.
Cyberpunk 2077 is officially out, but it's not without its fair share of known issues and bugs, which have caused a lot of headaches with potential players. Issues are particularly bad on consoles, with base Xbox Ones and PS4s struggling mightily with CD Projekt RED's hyper-ambitious open-world RPG. To help address some of these glaring issues, CDPR is releasing the first (of hopefully many) hotfixes for Cyberpunk 2077 with hotfix update 1.04.
For those who could have been susceptible to epileptic seizures while playing Cyberpunk 2077, this hotfix appears to include the first step towards fixing that major issue.
New hotfix to #Cyberpunk2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible.
Here is the list of changes: https://t.co/k11sRdeI6g pic.twitter.com/RYDG2pMNRMNew hotfix to #Cyberpunk2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible.
Here is the list of changes: https://t.co/k11sRdeI6g pic.twitter.com/RYDG2pMNRM— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) December 11, 2020December 11, 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 has a ton of potential and is truly a special world and project, which we note in our Cyberpunk 2077 review, but the numerous glitches have been a serious detriment to the game's playability for players. This hotfix is all about fixing bugs, especially with quests, and should hopefully make the game more stable overall. The update is coming to PC and PS4 platforms first, but will come to Xbox One in the near future. This also applies to the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S as well as the PS5 via backward compatibility.
It's safe to assume that CDPR is planning lots of updates of this nature, which will help make the game it probably should have been at launch.
That doesn't mean the game isn't impressive enough to win over millions of players, with Cyberpunk 2077 reportedly becoming profitable just off pre-orders. If the occasional bug and performance issue isn't stopping you from enjoying your time in Night City, consider some of the Best Cyberpunk 2077 Merch to show off your excitement.
The full changelog for Cyberpunk 2077's 1.04 hotfix includes:
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River
- Fixed the objective "Go into booth 9" not completing if the room's entered too fast in Automatic Love
- Fixed Jackie's issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics
Performance & stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect
- Fixed "The Wasteland" achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas
Update, December 12, 2020 (1 pm CT) - CD Projekt RED releases 1.04 hotfix update for Xbox consoles
Hotfix 1.04 is now also available on Xbox! https://t.co/0OXMb64CTZHotfix 1.04 is now also available on Xbox! https://t.co/0OXMb64CTZ— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) December 12, 2020December 12, 2020
After just under a day's wait, the 1.04 hotfix update is now available for Xbox consoles as well as PC and PS4. There's still no word on Stadia, but updates will work different on Google's cloud streaming platform (as in you should never have to worry about updates). This brings a plethora of bug fixes to Xbox One consoles, as well as the Xbox Series X|S. You should be able to install the update right now, but it could still take a while for it show up for you.
Update, December 15, 2020 (1:30 pm CT) - CD Projekt RED releases 1.04 hotfix update for Google Stadia
After several days wait, CDPR has finally acknowledged the existence of Google Stadia, and confirmed that the 1.04 hotfix update is now rolling out for Google's game streaming platform. Because of the nature of game streaming, users won't need to do anything on their end to get the 1.04 hotfix, it'll just be installed when you next play the game on Stadia. As Stadia has proven to be one of the better ways to play Cyberpunk 2077 so far, it's nice for it to finally get this patch update.
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating. Every indication says that CD Projekt Red is poised to repeat history with their sci-fi, open-world RPG adventure.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Eight months delayed and still full of bugs...
It happens, look at the Duo pre launch update.
Yeah it does, but it looks like it was released in Beta even after all this time!
It's an open world game, there hasn't been a single open world game that hasn't released with bugs and glitches, ever.
On series x so far haven't encountered any major issues...love it..well worth the $$
Waahhhhhhh. There can still be good games with bugs, I have played many.
Became profitable off preorders due to deceptive marketing and fraudulent tactics..yes. like how you don't mention that.
Oh this is going to be good, what deceptive marketing and fraudulent tactics?
The same ones his mom used to trap his dad.
Lol especially since footage has never been attributed to last Gen console... And a lot of bugs will be corrected within a few weeks or at least way faster that most studios like ubisoft or EA do in the same context and they are way bigger and have way more hands to do it... So while it's no excuse a'd things should have been handled differently... They still remain one of the good dev studio in my book... They have an excellent track record and great policy, no drm, free DLC, no microstransaction for non cosmetic add ons, etc... They stumble once at least the gaming community should give them a chance... They ***** Mike babies but I don't see EA ubisoft Activision being trampled and they have done way more ****** moves and on purpose in the past... Studio's like CD projects are a rarity now a days we need to preserve them and be their when things go wrong if we want other studios to act the same
How does it run on the One X?
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.