What you need to know
- Cyberpunk 2077 is the long-awaited open-world sci-fi RPG from CD Projekt RED, and it's finally out.
- The game has received critical acclaim for its scope, ambition, and world, but numerous criticisms for bugs and glitches.
- According to a new report from CD Projekt S.A., CDPR's parent company, Cyberpunk 2077 is already profitable.
- The estimated income from digital distribution pre-orders reportedly exceeds total costs of development and marketing through 2020.
In case you haven't heard, Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most-hyped video game projects in recent memory. The project comes from CD Projekt RED, the creators of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and after literal years of waiting it's finally released. According to a new report from CD Projekt S.A., the parent company of CDPR, Cyberpunk 2077 is already profitable on its very first day of release. This is a notable accomplishment and shows that the hype behind the game did translate to absurdly high pre-order sales for Cyberpunk 2077.
According to the report, pre-order sales through digital distribution channels have already exceeded:
- The total cost of development related to Cyberpunk 2077
- The total cost of marketing so far and through the remainder of 2020
This is certainly impressive and puts CDPR in a great position to continue developing Cyberpunk 2077 with updates, expansions, and more. In our Cyberpunk 2077 review, we said, "Cyberpunk 2077 won't be bested for years — it is a masterpiece." However, it's undeniable that the game suffers from a bevy of bugs and issues that need to be resolved in patches, especially on consoles. Hopefully, Cyberpunk 2077 has years of success ahead of it.
If you're loving Cyberpunk 2077, consider some of the Best Cyberpunk 2077 Merch to deck out your home or gaming set up.
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating. Every indication says that CD Projekt Red is poised to repeat history with their sci-fi, open-world RPG adventure.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.